PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I fell into a deal at an antique store last week and picked up about 30 estate pipes in one lot. A few are busted trash and none are super valuable but I'm pleased as punch to have a bunch to start learning on! I've already gotten a few done and need to get some photos taken and posted: I got two old Kaywoodie Super Grains that I'm pretty stoked about. :lol:
Anywho....I thought I'd share this Dr. Grabow El Dorado with y'all. It's sanitized and clean, ready to smoke (which I'm fixin' to do) but not buffed and polished.
photo1-3.jpg
A few more photos of it are in the album.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Neither do I.
If I do, they look like they were chew toys of rabid badgers. :x

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
@ tokerpipes Thanks! I plan to have fun and learn. And I figure I'll be asking more than one question!
I see pipes fairly often but mostly Grabows that are not something I'm interested in for the asking price. I've been looking at them for years but finally last month started reading and smoking them. Funny how it happened: I was at an antique store and bought a pipe rack with a tobacco jar for a buddy. So far I've not delivered it to him…and may keep it myself to be honest!

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Y'all..Fixin to.. It's nice to know that someone still uses some of the old southern phrases.I don't here them much any more in these modern times.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Great catch on the Grabow El Dorado! I remember reading on this killer reference site: http://drgrabow-pipe-info.com/ that the El Dorados were usually made from choice briar and their aftermarket prices on eBay certainly support that claim. I can't wait for you to share the finished product pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.