PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A house is just a place to keep your pipes until you go out and get more pipes.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
He was one of the best ever. I loved when he used to tell people that he was from White Harlem so he could sound tough while he was actually from Morningside Heights.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
He was one of a kind. He was always a social/political commentator to one degree or another, but in his latter period he was almost strictly that. I believe this was inevitable as the reality of our society continues its slide into nearly indescribable irony and comic absurdity. In such an atmosphere, no comedian (including even Carlin) can create material to rival the “new normal” of our everyday world...especially when true journalism has all but died at the same time. All that was left for him to do was pick up and wear the reporter’s hat cast aside by the corporate media...albeit in his own colorful style. He became essentially the real Howard Beale.

Dec 24, 2012
I am a big fan. Some may have noticed that my reference to fabric softener on a recent infamous thread was an homage to Carlin. Saw him twice in Vegas. RIP George. You ar missed.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
"Think about how stupid the average person is ... then realize half of all those out there are stupider than that"
Actually, if one ponders this Carlinism while driving in heavy traffic, one becomes far more of a defensive driver ...

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
George was awesome and just hilarious, he will always be missed.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.