PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
8qHxRra.jpg
Today's score at the B&M. Yes, I am rubbing it in!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Since you mention it, I will go to SP (or elsewhere) and find out about the blend. Would have been neat to recite the constituent tobaccos and any details about flavoring, or none. I know this is one of your favs, but a little info is good. I've heard of it, but ....
I'm a burley guy so, having looked this up, it looks really good. However, I see it is one of those highly regarded blends that no one can get. So, instead, I'll enjoy my Tabac-Manil Semois.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
instead, I'll enjoy my Tabac-Manil Semois.
Hopefully, this is a joke- because these two tobaccos are VERY different.
Personally I am always tickled to open a bag of Stonehaven. Is is certainly temperamental, but when you figure it out, it is good. Really good.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I agree. It's a brilliant tobacco and to those who regard it as overrated I can only assume your doing it wrong or are damaged in some way :)

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Can understand the attraction, but not a fan. Congratulations on finding them though.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I can get a tub of Carter Hall for much less, and enjoy it much more, any time I want :)
No seriously though, congrats on the score, I hear it's hard to find.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay, I wrongly presumed everybody knew this one. Forgive me. Stonehave - A marriage of air-cured leaf and Burley with selected dark Virginia. Hard pressed and aged to produce brown flakes with rich, dark undertones. A traditional flake favored by experienced pipe smokers.
Hawky - Possibly the best Virginia tobacco around, in my own opinion (and to quote Mr. Levine - I am the leading expert on my own opinion!). When I can't get it, my go to second choice is Wessex Gold Virginia Flake. I am mostly a Latakia guy, so for a Virginia to trip my trigger, it's gotta' be good!
Guyrox - Great idea!

MSO - If you PM me your address, I'll send you a sample.
I shall smoke one bag and cellar the other.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Duane, I love JA Luxury....were you comparing it to Stonehaven?
Because that's not how you compare perfection (JA Luxury) to compost scrap (Stonehaven)

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Okay. I took a look at the Luxury Flake. Looks delicious! The Finest British also interests me. I've never smoked a John Aylesbury blend, but I'll give it a go on your recommendation, sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.