having very hard time to light up my pipe........

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigping

Lurker
Aug 16, 2014
Hi guys, im new. I bought a pipe and Lane Bulk BCA... and just got them yesterday...

I watched so many videos on youtube but I still can't light my pipe.. the fire only last like 20 seconds...

I also found out the tobacco is kind of "wet"... plx help:(

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome to the forums, pigping. First you want to make sure you're not packing too tight. Check you're draw before you pack it, and then again after. You don't want it too feel like you're trying to suck down a thick ice cream shake. Also let that BCA dry a bit before you load your pipe. If you pinch it between your fingers and it sticks together when you drop it, it is too moist. You want it to be able to fall apart. Remember the first light almost always goes out. That's part of the process. When it does, lightly pack down the ash and relight. If it seems like it's about to go out again, give it another tamp. Also you can cover the chamber with your thumb or a couple fingers using them like a carburetor to help get those embers going. Don't puff like a freight train. Sip and enjoy the smoke.
Also, great choice on the Lane BCA. That is one of my favorites. Once you get it going, it usually burns quite well.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Empty the bowl and go to the "Pipe Smoking Basics & Beginner Questions" section of the board. Search such subjects as "filling" and "loading." Then "lighting" and "smoking." This area of the board is filled with a wealth of information. Some of it will be confusing and conflicting so go slow and experiment.
A better method would be to go to a tobacco store or find someone who smokes. then watch, listen and learn. I'm pretty much self-taught and a mentor would have shortened the learning curve considerably.
My suspicion is that you started by filling the pipe incorrectly. And, that will seriously compound any of the mistakes you will most surely make as you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.