Have you seen me? Do you live in "tobacco country"?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2014
Cotton_Boll_zps6353ad16.jpg

If you have, send a PM to this fella

Oct 12, 2014
If you see this where you live let me know! I have many hard to find sealed/unopened "collectible unavaliable tins" that I will send to you! Without the obscene markups you may see on online auction sites. :)

Oct 12, 2014
I am produced in Kentucky, am currently avaliable, but regretfully not able for purchase locally for melvins_unsmoked_castello. Because I am labeled as "chewing tobacco" very few outlets can mail me. So if you see me in your local stores PM this poster!

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I live in tobacco country but it's all Amish and they don't have any tobacco stores. I've never tried Cotton Boll is there a unique flavor to it? If not you can always make your own from whole leaf which costs about $16./lb

Oct 12, 2014
"If you buy the 224.64 ounce case of Cotton Bol, you will be eligible for free shipping."
COTTON BOLL Plug 12-12ct

Price: $525.00 I've almost pulled the trigger on this
but then:
Sub Total: $525.00

State Tobacco Tax: $330.58

Sales Tax: $0.00

Total: $855.58 OUCH!!
But yeah ships free!
"I've never tried Cotton Boll is there a unique flavor to it?"
Unique blend of potency & smoothness, pure natural tobacco taste, with absolutely ZERO bite. Works smoked alone, as a blender, you can flavor it (i like making my own version of a rum "aromatic") hell you can even chew it or make a nasal snuff if you wanted to, is easy to keep. Best all around/all purpose tobacco you can buy imo.
I do have my own crops going but its gonna be awhile until they are ready. I also like that Cotton Boll is air-cured tobacco makes me feel like I'm making a healthier choice tobacco wise..ya I know LOL. But lower TSNA in all air cure :)
course that doesnt help when I'm smoking the other ropes..

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I have heard you can get really physically ill from smoking this tobacco because of the high nicotine content in it. I don't think I have the balls to ever try it.

Oct 12, 2014
"physically ill from smoking this tobacco because of the high nicotine content in it"
I have very high tolerance and if I smoke this fast I can feel it. Smoke at normal pace and its fine. Nic level here is most certainly HIGHER then the G&H or SG ropes and if your idea of strong is something like Nightcap or Peterson Irish Flake you will want to steer well clear of this. Anyone sensitive to NIC should AVOID. You will get nic sick/nauseous.
It is most certainly high voltage..

Oct 12, 2014
"Thanks for the warning. I'll pass."
No problem..I have heard this referred to as Cotton Boll TWITCH, rather then twist, when used as a chew. Not far off..smoking it seems to amplify its effects. As stated above offerings like Nightcap, Irish Flake or even Five Brothers aren't even in the same realm..hell even the SG & G&H ropes are mild by comparison..
Unfortunately I spent too many years smoking Lucky's & Pall Mall's hence the nicotine immunity. That & I chewed tobacco as well...
That being said Cotton Boll busted my cig habit right quick. Satisfied the nic craving and it CANNOT be inhaled. Which, for me, was the hardest cig habit to break. Now I smoke 3-4 pipes a day, sometimes less, and feel no need for a cigarette. :) Not bad after nearly 20 years of cigs..its been a long time. Dont miss 'em at all!

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
"I'm making a healthier choice tobacco wise..ya I know LOL. But lower TSNA in all air cure [:)] "
The TSNAs are mainly dependent on the amount of Nornicotine present in the leaf. Industry dictates that they will only buy from farmers that grow Low Converter (LC) tobacco. LC is tobacco that has been bred to have no or almost no nornicotine so that during the curing process there is not much there to convert to TSNA. If you know the variety of tobacco you are growing you can most likely find the nornicotine, nicotine and sucrosester levels by looking in the GRIN database.
Personally I have not bought in to the TSNA cancer thing. I've read a lot of studies and like most things there are studies to support the fact that TSNAs cause cancer and there are studies showing it does not. Nornicotine, on the other hand (as well as nicotine and continine) have been shown to reduce Alzheimer's by up to 40%. Additionally, nornicotine is a very potent analgesic.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Ya learn something new everyday. Thanks for posting this thread, i'd like to try this out as well, but just a bowl or two to see how it tastes and how the nic hits me. I can smoke IF and ropes all day and IF was pretty much a daily smoke for me for a good while until i got this ODF bug a few months ago that still has not run its course.
How would you say it compares in taste to IF or ropes? And on a scale from 1-10, where would you rate IF, ropes and this stuff comparatively?

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
melvin I smoked cigarets for 10 years and smoked Newport's and Marlboro reds, and I also use to chew Red Man's Chewing Tobacco but I still think it would still be to strong for me. haha condor then we can take you to raves and use you as the bubble machine .

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
LOL....it looks and sounds appealing, and though my nic resistance is much higher than it used to be I don't think I could hack it. I turned green smoking Jackknife plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.