indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
And can you laugh at yourself?
Liy1alv.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure, a little too often. Must say, most of the actual four hooved donkeys I've met are not "jackasses" at

all, intelligent little gals and guys with really sweet sociable dispositions. They crave company and will

stand there and make you a friend for as long as you have. So I'm not sure how human misbehavior got put

off on them.

Jan 8, 2013
I remember when I was about 17 or 18 I had purchased a pair of earrings for my mother's birthday. A couple days before her birthday, we got into an argument. I don't remember what it was about, I just remember saying, "fine! I'm just going to take the earrings I got you for your birthday back!" As soon as I said it I felt like the biggest piece of crap on the planet. I could see it in my mother's eyes how much I'd hurt her feelings. Not only was I complete jack ass for what I'd said, I was also a jack ass for spoiling a surprise and for threatening to take her gift back where I'd purchased it. To this day I get a sick feeling in my gut when I think of that. I know this thread wasn't necessarily about being THAT kind of jack ass, but it reminded me of that day and it impels me to remind us all to be careful what we say in anger. Strong words can wound far deeper than any cut.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Anthony, many of us have said things to love ones that we have regreted saying. I have found that saying "I'm sorry", and then forgiving my self for saying what I did, helps to ease the pain.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Nope. Look at the evidence. That burro is well fed, headed in the right direction, is stroked and petted all day. He's a lot brighter than I am.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Once in a while I get to feel like a complete idiot. We had a client who had invented a supposed spray that would desiccate such items as dog crap, baby sick etc so that once sprayed you could after say 20 minutes sweep or vacuum up the offending item. To say this product was a disaster is to put it mildly. To test it out we had one of the dogs in the office take a dump in the middle of the conference room. The dog concerned needed little encouragement to do this as it was a frequent happening. After the dog had obliged us with a regular steamer we sprayed the offending pile with the aerosol spray and waited the prescribed ten minutes. As the stuff evaporated it failed to desiccate the offending pile of crap but made the entire office smell like a pig farm. The product was called 'Turd Guard' and was due to be sold by Woolworths, little wonder Woolies went bankrupt. The holding company was called ITG or International Turd so you can imagine how I felt asking NASDAQ if they had the symbol 'TURD' available as a stock ticker. Thankfully they whole thing fell apart as they where unable to attract any investors for the Private Placement although I will always remember the email address which was something like johnsmith@internationalturd.com. I felt like a right jackass!

Jun 4, 2014
Yes, I do feel like a jackass quite often.
This thread reminds me of the old saw where the teacher asks each child what their dads name is and the one little boy says "Jackass"

Mar 1, 2014
I'm probably down to a few times a month...
Unfortunately I can't tell if the realization of my behaviour is any indication of reality.

Actually I can be fairly confident it's not.
I'm working on the laughing part, but give a good effort every once in a while.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Condor: I think referring to some of your co-workers, subordinates?, as dogs is a little harsh, don't you? People can't help the way the look, not everyone can afford plastic surgery.
I am very interested in how you convinced them to perform their part in the test. Do you have that much influence? Are you a tyrant or just blessed with phenomenal powers of persuasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.