Have you ever been pleasantly disappointed?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

bignben

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
I think everyone has been pleasantly surprised once or twice in their lives, but have you ever been pleasantly disappointed?

So, with the %20 off everything sale on P&C, I had to buy some stuff. I got a darn good deal on one of their beautiful Stanwells, as well as some tobaccos and odds and ends. This is the first pipe I have ordered from P&C, and all the interweb hype was true. They sent me the wrong pipe. :( I ordered one of the De Luxe sandblast pipes in the bent billiard flavor, and got a smooth straight billiard. Turns out i'm actually really happy with it. And after thinking about it more, probably more happy then I would've been with my original choice.

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

By the way, this is my first post here on the forums. I've been reading around for quite a while, and I figured i'd go ahead and join this one :lol:

Welcome to the forums. Congratulations or condolences or whichever. Usually P&C has fantastic customer service, so if you had of not liked the pipe, switching it would have been a breeze. But, fo what its worth, I never order pipes from them. Their website is great for tobaccos, of which I don't need to see a picture, but for pipes, it sucks. I recommend folks to smokingpipes.com for pipes, because each picture is the actual pipe that you are buying, and you can actually see the pipes, instead of being blocked by my pc as a pop-up. Personally, I think that their webdesigner needs to be flogged, and I wonder how much business they lose because of this.
And, don't tell me to reset my pc interwebs. I shouldn't have to reset my computer's mysterious magical coding to buy a pipe. Especially when smokingpipes gives me a stress free pipe buying experience. But, for tobaccos, I mostly use P&C. :puffy:

bignben

Lurker
Aug 25, 2014
That's what I keep hearing. I've ordered bunches of tobacco from P&C and never had a problem, but from now on, I'll definitely order pipes from smokingpipes.com. I guess you could say I'm just really tolerant, or lucky..

Jan 8, 2013
I think they used a jedi mind trick on you....
Them: This is not the pipe you are looking for.

You: That was not the pipe I was looking for.
:D

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hi, Ben, and welcome. Thanks, too, for posting--that's what makes you one of us, whether you've posted one or 1000 times. Cosmic is right about the difficulty one experiences in trying to visualize the actual pipe on this particular website. That said, I've never failed to receive exactly what I ordered from them. However in this case it looks as if you got a good deal. It may be that the system glitched when you tried to place your order, but whatever the issue, be assured that pipes and cigars offers top-notch quality service. If you're ever in doubt about anything, you can call them and a real live human will ensure that you get exactly what you're looking for. Over the years, my experience has consistently been that they are fine people to deal with, so don't be afraid in placing an order, because they will make sure they do you come out of it as a totally satisfied customer.

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
Benjamin! You finally post! Welcome. To my delight I received a phone call earlier this evening from Benjamin, explaining what had happened, and I, too have had this problem. However, I was also pleasantly disappointed, so thusly I concur with Cosmic on the congradudolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.