Have Had My Hands Full..... (Pic Heavy!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
New Cigars
2 Fresh Former Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Hey Guys....! I've never wanted to admit I've been to busy for my friends, but that's kinda what's been

going on for several months. Thought I'd check-in and bring Ya up to date. I've been getting ready to renovate

my Mom's old home place to move over there. I told June that I needed a good shop first, so that's where I am.

I plan to tear the house down all the way to just the studs and build everything myself after the shop is

ready....
Gotta get the ground ready first:

Then put up the shop:

Building an assembly table:

Parts for a new table saw:

I got hold of 4 tons of red oak lumber, already planed and square:

A couple more benches and brought some power tools over:

The biggest things is a woodworking bench I've always wanted to build. I plan to build it all with hand

tools, no power tools at all.

This is the first laminate section of the table top going together:

Installing a stove. Wont be insulating until later in the year:

Chopping a mortice:

One down, seven to go:

My granddaughters helping laminate the other bench top:

Planing one of the tops:

Sawing a tenon on one of the leg sections:

Mortice and tenon with a haunch for leg stretchers:

Ready for glue-up:

I found some walnut dowels for pins. I think the walnut contrasts well with the red oak:

It's no were near done, but dry fitted it together to see what still needs planing. That's a tool well

down the middle:

I'll be sharing more as things progress....

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Top, lovely pics and thanks so much for the update. You have a wonderful looking shop, and what appears to be my dream bench. Nicely done, bud.
-- Pat

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
That is a dream shop! Great job on all the hard work. That work bench is gorgeous.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I really admire that kind of talent. Top that is just a wonderful looking table and shop setup.
I can't nail a nail!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Thanks for the comments/compliments guys. (I knew you'd still be about Brad, Good ta see Ya!)

I do have a desk top computer at the shop, but no internet connection over there. I have DSL here at the old

house, but they don't have that over there (just 8 miles down the road), and no way am I going to dial-up!

I've read nothing but horror stories about a satellite connection, so don't know what I'll do yet.
"This is my fishing crew.... they aren't interested in woodworking!"

and my drawing board:

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I've missed reading your comments Top, but it seems you have been plenty busy. Does the shop have a dedicated pipe rack/tobacco stash, or is it too early yet? Please don't be a stranger, we truly miss your insight and your experience!
Philobeddoe

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I missed your posts Devil Dog but am anxious to watch this shop unfold and the great things that will be coming out of there.
Glad to have you back.
Dan

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks for the comments/compliments guys. (I knew you'd still be about Brad, Good ta see Ya!)

I do have a desk top computer at the shop, but no internet connection over there. I have DSL here at the old

house, but they don't have that over there (just 8 miles down the road), and no way am I going to dial-up!

I've read nothing but horror stories about a satellite connection, so don't know what I'll do yet.
I have Hughesnet Satellite internet. It's better than dial up and with the new system it's better in bad weather than it used to be. It ain't cheap though. I pay $79.00 per month for 10 gigs.It's fairly fast most of the time,except when my grandkids are here and burn up all of my bandwidth and Hughes throttles us to a crawl.
I'm very envious of your shop!!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Top: I'm impressed and a bit jealous about the shed. A man without a shed is man without . . . well, a shed I guess. Every man should have a shed or haven of some sort. It looks as though you'll be able to tackle many "honey do" projects.
I am especially envious of the bench. Tail vice? Looks heavy enough that it won't walk when smoothing.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I love the shop. Mine probably 1/3 of yours and packed. I am envious of the room you have. FYI, my wife used to accuse me of planning my home improvement project by what tool I could by. I need to show her your pictures.
Winton

Status
Not open for further replies.