PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
This is one of those tobaccos that is full of just plain natural goodness. The combination of excellent burley along with a bit of red virginia and a touch of preique reminds me of some of the great old drugstore blends that are now gone forever. If you are looking for delicate nuances or mysterious eastern tobaccos, this ain't it. On the other hand if you want a nice smooth geezer smoke that requires no more than packing up and setting a match to for real enjoyment , then grab some. If you have read the book this is named for you will remember that the bookshop owner was a cob smoker. That is where this blend shines. As I type I have some going in an old slightly cracked cob I have had for ages. Excellent. I rate this as a must try for burley fans.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:worship: Thank you Arthur.

Most times when Haunted Bookshop is mentioned, it's just something like this: It taste's great!, Oooo I really like Haunted Bookshop. Not really helpful.

While those other's opinions piqued my interest, your very concise exposition of it's merits... well now I definitely have to have some....

Thanks again Arthur... short, sweet, and to the point.

Great review!

:clap:

:puffy:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Have an unopened sample i will try tomorrow morning in a cob.... sounds like it has potential!!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
It's a bit on the lines of PA, though not at all the same. Slightly reminds me of Plow Boy. One of my old long gone favorites.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
wish i had some right now--sounds like my tobacco--also gotta re-read the book--enjoyed it years ago--
j

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
Great review Arthur, I just bought some of this and agree with you, its not fancy, but it is a good solid smoke.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Uncle... This is one I've not yet tried but a friend of mine on another forum is thinning out his stash and after reading your review I just offered to buy a pound and a half from him...
Man can never have too much tobacco... :puffy:

creekspecter

Might Stick Around
May 25, 2011
If somebody would let Mrs. Specter know that, I'd be grateful ;) Speaking of haunted Bookshop, I have heard it mentioned in the next-to-same, if not same breath as Old Joe Krantz, and sometimes Bailey's Front Porch. Likes? Dislikes? I'm really starting to get into burleys and burley based blends. I'm not sure why. I do know that I've taken a real liking to PA lately, having shunned it for nigh on 30 years.

Jul 15, 2011
I'm really starting to get into burleys and burley based blends.
I did a review on these forums not too long ago of MacBarens Symphony. If burley is what you want, sir, then look no further. I am 10 bowls in and crave it something fierce. Not only is it very tasty and cool smoking (if you treat it right), but it is incredibly cost effective. I picked up a 100 gram tin for less than 9 bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.