PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Hey, just wondering whatever happened to the hot, hot, hot Anse Hatfield pipe from the made for television movie starring Kevin Costner as ol' Devil Anse. I and a zillion other pipe smokers loved the Hatfield pipe that Costner smoked with ease and grace. There was a pretty decent discussion on this board about the pipe. I don't mean to go over all that, I just wondered if anyone knows of Hatfield versions being made somewhere. I ordered a Boswell version, and to be honest, it is a tad small. I have smoked it and it smokes great, and those folks are nothing short of amazing to work with and order from. It's just the pipe is a little smallish. Maybe Costner's was too. I think Rad Davis, or somebody like that, was making his version, but I can't put that kind of do-re-mi into it. Just wonderin'

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
I'm actually working on a version myself. The one I am making is a tad longer I think, but the bowl is 1 3/4" tall and the bowl is 3/4" inside.
I'm making it for someone that asked me for one.

mangers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I have seen a numbers of carvers putting out their version of the pipe. Chris Askwith had some real nice ones!!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the replies, guys. I knew there would be someone who had the right info on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.