PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I have plenty. As a matter of fact I plan to sell ( in a few years) a few tins of my limited edition Squadron Leader(with Perique) and buy a yacht. Then I'll probably sell a few hundred ounces of Motzak Strange and get some hookers .... For the yacht. :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, time for some happy talk. This is an opportunity to explore new blends among what is available. Open your heart to some brand new old blends. But, yeah, it's frustrating to go for an old favorite or a new favorite and find it out of stock. It's like a Soviet department store.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Am I the only one who sees all of the out of stock blends as merely an issue of the manufacturers playing catchup because of the glut of new blends that HAD to be out by 8/8. Have some patience you bunch of twits! :roll: I stole that from Pagan.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
I almost started a similar thread earlier this month, but after proofreading, decided it was too inflammatory. Damned interweb - without knowing me and the fact that much of what I say is accompanied by a smart-ass grin showing that I'm making fun of my own ridiculousness, Sometimes it comes off much ruder than I intend.

I don't cellar nearly as deep as many here so when I go to buy my 2-5 (depending on which blend) tins of a blend and none of the regulars are available it's very frustrating. Luckily, I have a couple good local B&Ms, a decent (if humble) cellar, and I like enough of a diversity of tobacco that I'll be okay for a while.

It's also tough to come by ammunition these days.

Luckily Ive been hording ammo for years

I've been hoarding too. I have enough 9mm ammo to last through 3-4 Zombie apocalypses (I know, I know, anything less than a .45 I should carry in a purse - I've heard it all before, but I'm a 9mm guy ---really like that caliber)

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
yea, I know people who stock on ammo too, especially here in texas. and yes every thing is out of stock, but they do sell captain black at wallgreens.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
have you guys seen the prices for christmas cheer on ebay? the do have some there but i saw one tin starting out for 500 dollars.

torque

Can't Leave
May 21, 2013
I guess I'm just not getting it. Of course P&C is out of stock on a lot of things, they just had a bunch of huge sales. I just did a quick run through of the other "usual suspects" and they all look pretty well stocked up. Other than the normal out of stocks that you would typically find, as they all go out on a blend or two per manufacturer occasionally. Nothing unusual about that. I guess I'm just not seeing P&Cs very successful customer appreciation sales as constituting a "tobacco panic". Seems to be plenty of the usual assortment for sale at the other sites. There is no "shortage" and P&C will get another shipment.

stranger

Might Stick Around
Apr 27, 2016
Come to Canada.....with prices like ours nobody can afford to stock up. Shelves are full!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I feel your pain.
Well, actually, I don't. I've been stocking up for the past three years.
I've seen some crazy prices on eBay, which is pretty funny since eBay changed their rules earlier this year and none of these listings are supposedly allowed. Maybe I should just sell all the crap and retire.
Things will normalize.
Whatever the hell that means...

Status
Not open for further replies.