PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Since tonight was Lodge night I got to enjoy my pipe without interruption from my kids and wife. I grabbed a Mason jar that had about 10 flakes in it and pulled one out. I prepared it using the rubbing out method and then let it dry for about 20 minutes. Now this jar of tobacco has no label on it. Considering how meticulous I am with the organization of my tobacco, it must be from a tin I opened and I ended up jarring it because I probably knew it would dry out before I finished it the tin. The problem is, I have no idea what I put into the jar or how long it's been there. My second problem is it tasted fantastic.I am sure I have more of it in my Cellar but no clue what blend it is.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
The problem is, I have no idea what I put into the jar or how long it's been there. My second problem is it tasted fantastic
Not knowing what you're smoking shouldn't detract from the pleasure of the smoke as there are many joyous events in our lives which can never be repeated.
Live the moment!

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have done that once or twice when driving somewhere in my friend Andre's car and picked up his tobacco pouch instead of mine and filled my pipe with something horrible I don't recognize!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have a jar that I put my extras in from my drying tray. Turns into a chimera sort of thing, and is lovingly referred to as my Lovecraft blend.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
It reminds me of capstan yellow, the size, shape of the flakes, and the way they stick together. However it's much darker. Might be capstan blue but I have not opened a tin of blue for about 7 months. I am not sure if it's that dark or not. Might be capstan yellow but aged for about a year. It's been sitting in the cellar for awhile.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
No, that hasn't happened to me... But I did know a kid who got his head stuck in the legs of a stool once. :wink:
I'm at a point where for the first time ever I have more than a couple bulk blends on hand at the same time. I'm in my glory. I've been very precise in putting everything in labeled jars so I can keep things straight when I write in my "Tasting Journal". Regardless, I think if it ever happens, that Dottie has the right idea. Simply live in the moment! Enjoy the ride! I'm sure you'll figure out what it was. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.