Has something ever came back to Haunt you?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
I just realized I'm still pulling glass slivers out of my head from falling and rolling over broken pop bottles 37 years ago.
Did something unexpected ever appear that took you by surprise?

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
i was shaving the back of my neck holding a mirror above my head and a razor in the other when i noticed that i was going bald this may be no big deal but i was 19 at the time, now im 24 and look a little bit like a Benedictine monk.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Yes, memories of smoking John Rolfe's Peach Brandy

still gives me nightmares....

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Tequila - comes back a week after drinking it in the form of burps.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Crabcake appetizers followed by spinach and ham quiche accompanied by a Sam Adams lager. I damn-near poisoned myself the next morning...
-Jason

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I don't know if this qualifies, but about 3 months ago, we went to this place called Club Lucky and ordered roasted garlic as an appetizer. We forgot to eat it since the rest of the food is so good so I took it home and the next day had it for a late lunch with some multigrain multiseed flatbread crackers. I made a complete pig of myself and ate the whole bloom with LOTS of crackers. Unbeknownst to me, apparently mixing roasted garlic with multiseed crackers results in what can only be described as spectacular gastronomical output whose volume and odor are unprecedented.
Well, later that day I was in a dollar store called Deals, which is fairly large 12 isles, split twice, making 24 sections. As I drove to the store, the "breezes" started and I thought that I would just get in, get out and go home so I wouldn't bother the rest of the populace with the results of my gluttony. Unfortunately, they weren't that lucky. As I looked at the dog toys, the first waves hit and the effect was so forceful I almost started choking and moved to clear the area. As I went through out the store, I kept moving, crop dusting the place hoping all hope I'd be empty by the time I reached the check out line so as not to unleash this heinous stink upon the clerk. Up one isle and down the next, I was shocked and embarrassed by the sheer volume of output but also silently proud thinking I had in fact found an alternate energy source to petroleum. 6 isles, up and down of crop dusting I managed not to pass a single other customer and the went to the check out line when I heard a male employee yell out "SWEET *#&$%! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?" followed by a female employee yelling "OH GOD, I'm going to be sick, WTF is that???!!!" At that point, I saw the male employee running around the corner of the isle and grab 2 cans of air freshener off the end cap. He proceeded to walk up the isles I had visited holding is breath and spraying both cans simultaneously into the air until they were empty and then grabbed two more and repeated. The female employee walked up to the cashier and said "Don't go back there. I'm not going back there. WTF is it? Its so bad my eyes wont stop tearing" I said "It is really awful, did the your sewer line break? That's the worst smell I ever smelled." "I don't know what it is" said the cashier and I turned and walked out trying to hold back the nervous laughter.
So yeah, I'll say that roasted garlic came back to haunt me.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Letting the dumbass medic fix my finger when I cut it in the army. This is the same guy who was thirsty and drank a bottle of kerosene, also lost his gun in the forest..to find it and then leave it leaning against a truck - which ran over it - bending it 90 degrees.
I have a nice scar on my finger.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Haunted, you never fail to make me laugh!
You must have some serious gas problems. If I am correct; I think that you are also the person that posted the story about eating some chili and going to the hardware store.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hauntedmyst
Your "handle" is well deserved.... ROTFLMAO!
I have to get my daughter from school.... and I can't see to drive.....!
Edit: I bet your exit was like the Barbarian that yells echo at the Grand Canyon in that credit card commercial.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I can't believe I walked out of the store without anyone knowing it was me who had unleashed that apocalyptic stench upon them. "Stealth bomber" took on whole new meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.