PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
This is the first bowl I've had of this blend that I have enjoyed, and was looking for other opinions on it. Pretty much tastes like a strongish straight burley to me.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
That's pretty much all it is Boz. I bought a pound of it last summer and still working through it. Its a bit of a pain to get going but its a good straightforward smoke for me.

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
Yeah not real high on complexity...but it has some Vit-N. In the right pipe it actually smoked pretty well, I've had problems with it scorching my tongue.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
How would you rate it compared to say, MacBaren's London Blend? I know it is a different cut but is there a topping at all?

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Sillem's makes a very similar mix with vanilla as well in their Three Musketeers blend . The vanilla does not hang around long at all .

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I would say no topping. Burley London Blend is in my opinion much better. Cube Cut can be a little harsh, London Blend is a little smoother and has some more nuances to it. Some of my issues could be technique related though.
Edit- I was reading a little and found that London Blend has a bit of flavoring maybe that makes the difference, but I think it also changes how they should be compared.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
Sallow, I smoked a couple Oz's of BLB when I first picked up the pipe again but really didn't know one tobacco from the other so couldn't say which was better. Boz, I agree it does have a good kick of N but haven't had any tongue burn..yet.

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Good stuff. Like any cube cut, the difficult part for me is not packing it too tight (gravity fill with just the slightest tamp at the top of the bowl) and needing a fair number of lights to get going. Once it finally is fired up, it's good burley

Status
Not open for further replies.