Has anyone tried finks cigar co. pipe tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
hi, im new to smoking a pipe and im stuck on OTC tobaccos some of which i do enjoy,but i would like to venture out and try some new stuff. my Question is has anybody tried any of the pipe tobacco from Finks cigar co. some of there tobacco looks rather intriguing and im just wondering if i should just save time and money and just stick to what the mass majority has been smoking. thanks from the corncobguy

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
IIRC,I had some stuff from them in a box pass years ago. It was decent, but nothing that really made me stand up and shout.

That doesn't mean you won't like it, though. Give 'em a try.
Finck's Cigar

Aug 1, 2012
That link makes me wonder about their 3 assorted pipe deal. If they are named pipes and not basket pipes that would be a killer deal. If they are basket pipes then it would just be meh.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
I never had there pipe tobacco but some of there cigars are mighty good.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
couple years ago i bought a pouch of Finck's English--it was a decent enough blend

to make me decide to give Latakia blends another try--
actually it was pretty darned good--just expensive if you live in texas--

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
yeah i think im gona get a few 1.5 oz samplers to get a taste of what they have why not.and no im not in texas thank goodness wheeww.

corncobguy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
so i went ahead and got some of finks pipe tobacco and im really impressed. now take into account im new to smoking pipes and dont really know much of anything YET but i do know that i tried my first english blend and loved it.its all that i can think about at this moment. i can not wait to start smoking more latakia blends.oohhh and since i last posted i have tried 1Q and now i know why everybody recommends it,what a tasty blend that is. thanks to everyone who recommended 1Q and im glad i bought some of finks cigar co. tobacco. what other kind of tobaccos have you guys tried when you first started out and what would be good blends to get my tobacco senses really going. thanks

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
I am a Finck's guy. In fact heading there this Sat for their annual Customer appreciation/ Texas A&M tailgate party (read free food and beer). I they have been making cigars in San Antonio for over 100 years. They commision many Dominican and Nicaraguan fine cigars, which are some of the best values in the industry. Their Black Vanilla Cavendish is a favorite of mine for a smooth smoke, or blending with an English. As you can tell, I recommend them!

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Not to confuse the recommendations for Finck's I have (or had) been a 10 year or more customer of theirs buying mostly cigars from early 1995 until 2009. In that time I migrated almost completely to my pipes and bought many pounds of Finck's English and Istanbul, enjoying each very much since the demise of the Dunhills. Finck's were always very reasonable in pricing and very quick in shipping.

In 2009 with the coming S-CHIP tax I decided to lay in some extra stock and ordered a pound each of these two blends- a 16 oz bag of Finck's English and a 14oz bag of Istanbul. What I got was two identical 16oz. bags of what looked to be the same tobacco with a different label on each (remember, one should be 16 and the other 14 ounces). Moreover, the bags/packaging were different for each from what I had been getting. I weighed each - 16 ounces.

Befuddled I called Finck's and a very nice customer service person verified that indeed both were the same, PS English Luxury. She could not verify that a change had been made, however. I could tell after cracking open the Finck's English that it was NOT what I been enjoying for several years and as the Istanbul was now verified to be the same, it too was not what it had been. I was peeved but they were smokeable.

Months later when I reordered I opted for Istanbul figuring I may as well pay for 14 and get 16 ounces. Silly me...I got something totally different yet again (weighing 14 oz.) - something I named Stink Weed. I called Finck's again and was told by another, less people-orientated, person that the blend was from another company (which name escapes me now - something like Commonwealth or Conroy or Conwood, whatever.)

Sad to say, that was my last Finck's order of English blends.

Sorry for semi-rant but I felt compelled to relate this scenario.
BTW, the rest of their blends, the aromatics are mostly Peter Stokkebye and Lane's. Pricing is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.