PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I received a pipe like this one from my future father in-law today. I know it is not the first choice of pipe but I was wondering if anyone has actually smoked one before? From the little research I could gather I believe they are made from Cherry wood which should be a 'smokeable' material but I was wondering if anyone has actually tried smoking one? He was so excited to give it to me I thought I would smoke it at least once if it was smokeable (i.e. won't split or burn up if I light a bowl in it). It will probably end up as wall art but I thought I would ask. Here is a picture of one that is very similar.
139987502_o.jpg

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Will do on the pictures. The one he got me is actually a little different looking but it has the same color, pipe design, and everything just a different face. I plan on uploading pictures to Facebook tomorrow. I think I also forgot to mention that he bought it in Russia.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
As promised, here are the pictures. The bowl of the pipe appears to be made out of a different wood than the shank and stem sections, which look to be stained/painted.
7f6d1813.jpg

e282fb46.jpg

3651387c.jpg

d7c14425.jpg

And here is a picture of all of the gifts be brought me. Some great looking ceylon loose leaf tea, the pipe, and a Russian soda (I believe he said it tasted like un-fermented beer haha).
bb246ea3.jpg

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
I see these pipes for sale pretty cheap on e-bay all the time; I believe they are Ukranian (?)Can't say I know anything about them. Good luck with it. Due to the really steep bend, seems like it would be a pain to clean, and would probably clog up easily.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I'd smoke it at least once. What are the other gifts, filters and pipe cleaner? I've never seen those's before.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Hmmm, different. I would actually like to give one a try. I kind of like the look of it. I have smoked cherry pipes in the past and other than smoking a little hot they weren't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.