Has anyone ordered Germain's this weekend from P&C?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
If you did, have you received a shipping notification?

I have not seen a Email alert for Germain's at P&C but I did get from IR&C. Looks like I missed Esoterica from P&C from the last drop as I have from the other Main sites last week.

techie

Jul 20, 2018
And now after the drop more and more new ebay ads are up on Esoterica tins and bags at stupidly high prices. It's too bad retailers can't just sell to people who want to smoke instead of people who want to immediately resell. Guess that's just how it is. Happens with whiskies too.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
It's too bad retailers can't just sell to people who want to smoke instead of people who want to immediately resell.
Right. To me the obvious solution is for retailers to raise their prices to equal the secondhand resale value. Most of us aren't getting any anyway, due to how fast the tobacco goes, and if the blenders/retailers raised their prices, profits would go to tobacco producers, not middle men speculating on future prices.
This would also solve the problem of inconsistent availability. If, for example, Samuel Gawith raised the price for a tin of FVF to $50, the demand would go down, and tobacconists would be better able to keep it in stock.
Once the madness of "get it while it's hot" settled down, I might honestly be willing to pinch pennies for a couple months to afford a tin of Penzance, but as it is right now, I don't even try.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Sorry for the double-post, but one more thought: why haven't the producers of ultra-desirable tobaccos raised their prices? Obviously the market is signaling that their goods are worth more than what's being asked for them; I just don't know why they don't respond by trying to maximize their profits.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I was told today by P&C rep (Sal) that he has no idea how I could order "out of stock" items. I told him that there was a post on PipeMag about availability, so I ordered. He told me that no one will get anything. Knowing P&C, I don't put too much trust in their reps words. So, here I am, trying to understand if Sal words were a lie or truth...

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
My order was 'In Stock' when I ordered. Now, on the website, my order shows 'processing' and the quantities are 'backordered'. For such a large company, why is their order processing so hinky?

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Typical P&C. Ordered some items that were backordered and waited 7 months for them. Called for an update only to find out the backorder was cancelled 5 months ago. No email notification or phone call for awareness. Needless to say, P&C is at the bottom of my list for vendors. They cannot seem to do anything right between packaging and taking orders.

techie

Jul 20, 2018
That was the point of my response to your "simple" question. A true smoker wanting to obtain these almost impossible to get tobaccos have to compete against opportunists who, most likely, couldn't care less about getting a good smoking tobacco and only want to capitalize (unfairly) on rare tins and bags to make a huge profit. I seriously doubt they are recording their transactions and paying taxes on their sales. I believe it is detrimental to those of us who truly enjoy buying and smoking good tobaccos. And it really disturbs me, and I'm just a beginner at this. But I see the game that's being played.
So due to this unregulated frenzy, you can't even get a proper purchase/confirmation/shipping notice because of the frenzy when a rare blend is suddenly in stock. Even my local B&M was out within hours. By the time I even heard there were deliveries and checked on availability they were already sold out. And I live in a small town.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
My friend was at Cigars International Hamburg, PA yesterday..Picked up a few other Brand Tins...I asked my friend to check if they had Esoterica...He asked sales and not sold in CI stores but was in there Warehouse. The sales guy checked and there is inventory. They cannot ship to stores as Esoterica is reserved for On-Line sales at P&C.
So maybe will be listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.