Has anyone ordered from Hiland's Cigars?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I went on there last week, and picked up a Dunhill group 4 for $80. They have several great pipes at too good to be true pricces.
Just wondering.
Warren

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
They are a discount firm overall, but that's not to say that some items sell at market. I bought a Savoy Macassar humidor for $100.00 below market. Yes, the pipes are outrageously low. It's as if they don't want to bother with them, as they are a cigar firm, so they just throw them up on the site as an attention getter. Their prices on Nightcap and I believe 965 are bottom barrel, too.
There are so many people doing business in tobacco, pipes and cigars that it's hard to keep those offering discounts front and center. On this board the advertising is moderate to heavy. One look at an advert and your mind goes there. Hilands, Hilands, Hilands.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I've bought tobacco and a Peterson Christmas pipe from them, very happy with the transactions. First class outfit. If you call or email them, tell Candace or Scott that Rob from Mississippi sent you. :)

Aug 1, 2012
I know I shouldn't be buying more pipes as I am trying desperately to thin the herd for storage however...their prices are just too dang good.
Bought 2 family-era Sasieni 4-dots with town names for $23 apiece. When I called to order, they offered to send a few samples of their bulk English tobaccos (which are darn cheap) along with. They were kind and helpful over the phone and through email as well. I'll post pics when they get here.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Excellent. I'll definately be back if this purchase goes smoothly.
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Warren

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Punk, just a fyi, the pipes I ordered came completely unclean. But honestly from the price I paid I really didn't care.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
I haven't yet but have considered ordering some of their Black Gold pipe tobacco. It's an aromatic that gets raving reviews on YouTube, but I haven't heard much about it anywhere else. Have any of you tried their blends?

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Black Gold from Hiland's is one of the best aromatic that is smoke. Big thumbs up. I like their Eniglish Lite too. It's good.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I havent bought am estate pipe from them at this time, just a new Peterson. Candace and Scott gave me a sweet price on it, $20 less than other sellers. Plus they were great on email and even better on the phone.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I was under the impression this company was out of business.... I say this because my local B&M used to be highland cigars! The new owners were telling me how they bought the recipes and blend it by hand to their specs.... Am I being lied to?
But on the other hand, I much prefer "black gold plus" to their "black gold"
Snowflake is also a nice tobacco as well as Amber light (if you like burley)

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Well, I kinda assumed my Dunhill would come unrestored.
Depending on its condition I might clean it myself, but probably not.
Any recommendations as to whom I can send it to from Canada?
Warren

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Moreso then unrestored, mine still had ash and dottle left in the bowl.
Again im not complaining.
They sent some snowflake as a sample with my order. I smoked a bowl while working on my wife's car. Not too bad. I'm not a huge aro guy, but it was about on par with the PS bulk aros I've tried. The rest of it is sitting on my bar making my corner of the dining room smell fantastic.

robertb

Lurker
Jan 7, 2015
I was just at the Hilands in Scottsdale last week. I asked Scott (the owner) about his house blends. He tells me that his father started them in 63 and they are the same blends with no changes. He gave me a super discount on a nice peterson pipe and samples to go along. My favorite so far is the Snowflake and I will be going back to pick up some more. Maybe another pipe too. Sweet looking store and very friendly staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.