Has Anyone Here Tried the New Peterson Wild Atlantic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Summary: a Virginia-forward, moderate Latakia English with a spicy but reserved flavor.
The secret to a good English is in finding balance that still allows individual flavors to shine, and secondarily, avoiding the over-dominance of Latakia. "Wild Atlantic" has a medium Latakia flavor with the Virginias taking center stage with a rich and honeylike flavor accented by the spicy texture of the Orientals. The result balances smoky and sour with sweet and nutty, making a good all-day smoke with complexity that emerges throughout the bowl.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9552/peterson-wild-atlantic#review84974
I like it.

mrbigglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2015
Winston Salem, NC
Is that their new salmon flavored tobacco? :rofl:

(Sorry, my bad attempt at humor there.) Actually, the stuff sounds pretty good from your summary there, deathmetal. Gonna have to pick up a tin!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is pouch tobacco new with Peterson, or have they sold pouch tobacco in the past. I'd like to know the marketing thinking on this, although I'm sure Peterson isn't talking.

janosh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2015
Hungary
As far as I know it's a new thing (not to mention that it's cheaper than their tinned blends).

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I just don't get how there can be so many Latakia-containing blends from so many different blending houses. Latakia is like apple juice. Add anything more than 5% to any combination of others and it will come forward and dominate the taste. If you've smoked one Lat blend you've smoked them all. That's why I stick with Nightcap, it's about as English as it gets without smoking pure Latakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.