Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Has Anyone Here Taken the GMAT Test

(7 posts)
  1. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thinking of going back. I am only a few courses short of my MBA at Golden Gate University didn't require the GMAT then. I'll definitely need a GMAT refresher course somewhere. I'll be smoking a lot of tobacco in my studies if I pursue this. The MBA program at ASU is $57k and its 72k at UT. Dang.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The only one of us here that I know has an MBA is Lawrence, so he would probably be the one to ask about that. Lawrence, where you at?!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ahh, no. Im doing economics and they only needed GRE. I think they are similar though. I just got a GRE "study book" and spent time with it every day for about a month leading up to the test. Also, lots of free online practice including an actual GRE practice test put out by the company.

I studied with a cigar in hand!

I looked at UT knoxville. Good econ program, but they just built a new business school building that's very nice!

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I took something, might have been the GRE, as part of my graduate level application. That was about 18 years ago though. I do remember getting a study guide like Gray. I also remember doing well overall and, for some reason, REALLY well on the math portion. Unfortunately, I wasn't going into engineering or anything involving math more complex than the basic statistics needed for standard research and hypothesis testing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry, I'm an LSAT guy

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

im a bit nervous because I super suck at taking tests. I'll have to do some serious study. I've done well in my career but im a bit intimidated by taking tests.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. gecko13

gecko13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damn that's costly. I lucked out when I did my Master's in Engineering and my employer paid for it. I was thinking of looking into an MBA, but I think I just got a black eye.

"To Learn Who Rules You, Find Out Who You Can't Criticize" Voltaire

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   beefeater33, murf, indianafrank, i8ball, sparks, bulldogbriar89, pitchfork, lestrout, elpfeife, texmexpipe, briarfriar, derfatdutchman, tbradsim1, bigvan, dochudson, woodsroad, andystewart, pruss, smorgdonkey, darwin, melvinsunsmokedcastello, kcvet67, mmjk, edwinbaz, mrenglish, kiev, mephistopheles