PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roverblue

Lurker
Feb 17, 2012
After years of pipe smoking I have finally found "My Tobacco". Harvard Street Turkish is the house blend of The Original Tinder Box in Santa Monica, CA. It's an English blend that I can smoke all day and not get tired of. It has a fantastic smokey smell in the pouch and a bit of sweetness when smoked. According to Jim the blender at the shop there are no casings or toppings, just a nice blend of pure tobaccos. It's been a long time coming... After trying hundreds of different blends, I have finally found my "go to" tobacco. Of course that doesn't mean I'll stop trying new things, but it's nice to feel I have something to come home to. If anyone else has tried this blend let me know your thoughts!

roverblue

Lurker
Feb 17, 2012
Here here! I agree 100% I just picked up 2 lbs as I live in MI and didn't want to run out this is a fantastic blend. My go to tobacco!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Threads like this kill me
You said it Yaz, I get a great laugh out of them as well. Since I have your attention I was wondering what you wanted to have for dinner tonight. I am in the mood for burgers since its a nice grilling night.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
Congratulations on finding "your" blend. Every time I fine "mine" it seems to be discontinued.
I visited the Santa Monica Tinderbox some years ago and realize it's a cut above the average shopping mall outlets. But, you might find that Harvard Street Turkish may be available from other sources under it's bulk name. You may want to investigate that possibility.
Mike S.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Good for you. We all search for "The One" and come close but rarely achieve it. I found it interesting that this blend is not listed at tobaccoreview.com under the Tinder Box name. So, I'd cellar as much as I can if I were you. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.