PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I have been trying a lot of new tobaccos lately. I was an English/Balkan smoker almost exclusively, but have started enjoying the sweet and spicy Vapers and Virginias. Some of the best flavored tobacco I've yet smoked have a tendency to be harsh. One blend in particular is C&D Night Train. I love the flavor, but it burns the crap out of my nose . Nicotine content is off the charts though!!! I don't mean to single this blend out, its just what I am smoking right this second and inspired me to post this. So what are some suggestions to curb the harshness of certain tobacco???

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Shawn, I get the burn you describe from some of my favourite blends as well, but it goes even further, with noticable swelling of the soft-pallate and irritation of the hard. I have found that drying your tobacco almost to the point where it turns to dust before your eyes can help to alleviate this; and rehydrating the blend seems to eliminate it entirely. The catch 22 is that once you dry your tobacco out, the flavour profile does change somewhat - and if you go so far as to rehydrate, it changes drastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.