PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kapco

Lurker
Mar 7, 2012
I am very new to pipes..infact I have done very little research into pipes and this seemed to be a good place to start. I have a Pipe "set" (I am sure there is a proper name for this,..please dont step on me too hard)that has a pipe, glass ash tray and a place to keep the tobacco. It was my great Grandfathers (1978-195?). All I know is that it has the name "Hargar De Luxe" and has a little stamp "Genuine Briar".

Can anyone shed some light on the vintage of this setu-up?

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
First, welcome aboard. I found nothing, but from what I've seen, old briar is good briar. Great grandads stuff is real cool.

kapco

Lurker
Mar 7, 2012
I see I spelt it wrong...it was suposed to be Hargar. But yeah, couldn't find anything myself.

Any recomendations on a tabacco for a first timer?

kapco

Lurker
Mar 7, 2012
if anyones interested in some pics of "the old gal"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5yfjFclTQ

kapco

Lurker
Mar 7, 2012
thank you for the suggestions :) As I live in Canada ordering from US sites will be a pain in the a** to get the stuff across the border. There are a couple tobacco shops around I will hit up. I love the smell of thos pipes that have a subtle chocolate smell.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I've heard you've got capt black up there, I'm real fond of it. Sterling tobacco ships up there & they'll send you a sample if ya go to there website.

Status
Not open for further replies.