PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
....there is a hurricane sitting off the coast and winds are gusting currently at 30mph and getting worse :eek:
Im semi near the coast (just outside of Daytona Beach), so should be a fun weekend. Going surfing on sunday, showing 8-10ft and 3ft overhead. Cant wait!

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Other occasions when it's hard to smoke:
During an extra-vehicular space walk
While swimming
At your own funeral

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Also, while scuba diving, heck even cliff diving or sky diving for that matter. Hmm, you know what, pipe smoking and most forms of diving would appear to be somewhat incompatible. Too bad, because diving off a cliff in Acapulco with a pipe clenched in my mouth would be totally cool!!!!

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Brewshooter add having sex in there

don't know about that/depends on the partner. I know one girl that absolutely won't let me put my pipe down, she finds the smoke has an aphrodisiac effect. I quess the room note on "Greg's Mixture" from King street tobacco emporium is better than I thought :lol:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I've smoked outside on the porch during a hurricane before, that definatley makes it fun, I hope you have a Zippo!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Ha ha. I have however been really close to several Tornados. Never tore our house down but did knock a few shingles down when we lived in Michigan and a tree in my parent's Tennessee house.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Having no power is what really sucks!
I remember power outages during the winters from wind and in severe snow storms that would last several days, not fun! The worst was getting snowed in for a week. We lived in the country and we had a long driveway that was essentially a short private road and the guy with the plow had to work his way through his list to get to us. You begin to understand how cabin fever can cause otherwise normal people to creep over the edge!!
I don't have those issues where I live now, the snow and power issues, I still feel like I'm walking a very fine line of sanity sometimes.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Hard to smoke when riding a harley, although I have seen it done at slower speed. Arizona is about as close as you can come to few weather related calamities. Heat flash floods, and maybe cold weather in the mountains. Have to watch for them pesky rattlesnakes though. Oh I forgot to mention recent fires from severe drought.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Shoot in Oklahoma I hope for the wind to only be 30 mph! Sometimes the gusts of winds are stronger than that in my living room!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
The first one I remember that scared everyone was Camille back in '69. I think it tore up about eight states with winds in excess of 180mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.