PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
To all the current and former military veterans and families:

I want to express my sincere gratitude for the sacrifices and the service you have selflessly given to this country. It is becasue of men and women like you that I am free and continue to be so. I know there are a lot of military (past and present) on this site and I wanted to make sure that you guys heard from a fellow vet and let you know that your time and service was and is much appreciated.
bham.jpeg

ET3/SS Wheeler (89-95)

chaplainmike

Lurker
Oct 7, 2013
I too wish all my fellow Vets a Happy Veterans Day! Thanks for your service and sacrifice. May blessings and peace abound in each of your lives!!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow Vets! :clap:
182nd Airlift/ATH (Air Transportable Hospital)

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I will wish everyone a Happy Veteran's Day tomorrow. Being the selfish Marine I am, this is our birthday and am going to covet it for as long as the clock allows. Don't take this as disrespect, just take this as Marine Corps pride, which I have 235 lbs of.
Best wishes and a peaceful night to all of my brothers and sisters that have served or are in harms way.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
My avatar claims the rank of Commander, but I was just a lowly 2nd Class. Happy Veterans Day, my fellow brothers.
OS2 (SW) Whitmer

Formerly of MCM Crew Exultant

USS Dextrous (MCM-13)

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Happy Veterans Day to my fellow vets and current service members.
LT., Surface Warfare, 7th Fleet, PHIBRON11, LPD 8 & LST 1189.
And GO NAVY!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thank you all Forums members who have served in the military. The wars and military actions

are sometimes ambiguous and complex, but the service from those who stood and took the oath

is always the same. Following in my dad's footsteps, I was a minesweeper sailor, but he was a skipper

during WWII and I was a lowly radioman second during Vietnam off the DMZ/Cue Viet River. By a rare

and historical shift in Navy policy, I was able to serve the last half of my hitch as a journalist on Midway

Island and in Milwaukee recruiting. My ship was the USS Gallant, MSO 489, translation: minesweeper

ocean going. Thank you again to all who served.
brad, am totally impressed you made MM2 at 18. Machinists Mates are the guys who actually keep the

ship moving by keeping the engines running, without which the safety of the ship goes downhill fast.

Having ridden out a typhoon in the South China Sea, the importance of that is clear in my mind.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Thinking of you, Dad! Happy Veteran's Day!
And to my ancestors who lost so much, I honor you today!

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
Though rather downbeat this always merits re-reading on This Day.
In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Happy Veterans Day to all that have served or are serving today. For those of you still packing your gear, may you stay safe wherever you may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.