Tags:   

Happy to Have Found This World!

(13 posts)
  • Started 8 months ago by cassiorenan
  • Latest reply from cassiorenan
  1. cassiorenan

cassiorenan

Login to Send PM

I've started smoking cigarettes a while ago but was never really satisfied due to knowing how badly they'd affect my health but since I really like smoking what could I do? I started watching a few Youtube videos and found out about cigars and tried a few cheap ones but when I bought them I also saw the pipes at the store and kept them on my mind. I tried the cigars and specifically the ones I bought I didn't quite like them. Then I thought it'd be interesting to give the pipes a try and bought a cheap one as well as a national tobacco called "Amsterdam" and was a completely different feeling from smoking the cigars. I'm a very patient person and the whole ritual involved in pipe smoking just got me and I instantly loved the experience. The tobacco I choose for my first experience wasn't the best choice I can say but not much long after smoking a few bowls I bought the "Captain Black Royal" one and was a completely different experience, much smoother and better! Today I own two pipes, cheap ones, and have bought some "7 seas black " tobacco as well as some recommended national ones I am just waiting for them to arrive to try them out. What I can definitely say so far is that I really, really have been enjoying the experience and am thrilled to be part of this community. My father and grandpa were never really pipe smokers and the videos I've found on Youtube have really helped me and still do to learn the foundation of pipe smoking.

“There is nothing like being left alone . . . to walk peacefully with oneself in the woods. To boil one's coffee and fill one's pipe, and to think idly and slowly as one does it.”
    -Knut Hamsun
    Posted 8 months ago #
  2. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you're off to a good start. Aromatics tend to turn away beginners but it sounds like that may be your kind of tobacco. You may also enjoy bulk blends from Lane Limited such as 1-Q and RLP-6. Welcome aboard!

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 8 months ago #
  3. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well you've certainly come to the right place. Much to learn here. Welcome

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 8 months ago #
  4. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great forum to pick up some tips and tricks. Ask any questions you have, and welcome!

Posted 8 months ago #
  5. bluto

bluto

Login to Send PM

Its a lot of fun , the actual smoking part is good too

Its great to peruse sales , check kijiji , look for estate pipes , blend tobacco , grow tobacco , join in the brotherhood ..

“listen: there’s a hell
    of a good universe next door; let’s go”
    Posted 8 months ago #
  6. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome.

So you say you can drink? Well, I'm from Wisconsin. Try to keep up.
    Posted 8 months ago #
  7. npod

npod

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome home.

Neal
    Posted 8 months ago #
  8. cassiorenan

cassiorenan

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys! Looking forward to learning a lot here.

Posted 8 months ago #
  9. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

cass', welcome aboard, and it sounds like you are wading right in and learning a lot. Don't apologize for "cheap" pipes. A pipe professional with Lanes in a pipesmagazine interview allowed as how he wasn't much of a pipe man, more a tobacco man, so he smoked the pipes he got free at work, standard Stanwells I think they were. I have some higher-end pipes, but I enjoy my Yello-Bole, Drinkless Kaywoodie, various Missouri Meerschaum cobs, and so forth. The main thing is to learn about pipes and shop carefully, and you can have excellent pipe smoking with moderately priced pipes. The joy of artisan and high-end pipes is a wonderful thing, but by no means required.

Posted 8 months ago #
  10. cassiorenan

cassiorenan

Login to Send PM

Yeah mso489, I complete agree! The ones I like the most are the classic ones as shown in these images, but the ones I've been using right now are working just fine indeed.

Posted 8 months ago #
  11. cassiorenan

cassiorenan

Login to Send PM

Posted 8 months ago #
  12. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Who are the two guys above, and why is there no smoke?

And: Is the below one you were trying to post?

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 8 months ago #
  13. cassiorenan

cassiorenan

Login to Send PM

Yeah i wanted to show the type of pipes i like the most

Posted 8 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ebnash, tbradsim1, oldgeezersmoker, cossackjack, jaytex969, cshubhra, georged, nhhiggy