PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
At the firehouse tomorrow, so I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving while I had a chance. Be careful in your travels and have a glorious feast!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Likewise! If we can have a drink and a good smoke we have much to be thankful for! To good smokes and good health!
Baron,you said it best!God Bless All...The Weez...

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving, All! Eat too much, laugh too hard, and drink more than is culturally acceptable!
-Jason

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Thanksgiving always reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's skit. "Thanksgiving all we do is eat alot. We do that every day. Okay well let's do it with family members we hate. That'll make it different." lol.
Drink more than is culturally accetable? I'm of Irish and German heritage and was raised Catholic. My level of alcohol consumption acceptability is already pretty high lol.
Happy early Thanksgiving to everyone.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
This gets emailed to me every year, so you have probably seen it,

but it's something to think about.
Things I'm Thankful For

…the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

…the taxes I pay because it means that I'm employed.

…the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

…my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

…a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

…the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

…all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

…my huge heating bill because it means I am warm.

…the lady behind me in church who sings off key because it means that I can hear.

…the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

…weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have been productive.

…the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.

…the friends and family I can share this message with to remind us all what is important in life.

Author Unknown

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Happy thanksgiving! Anyone planning on smoking something special? I won't be doing any smoking because I'll be at my Aunts house, but I decided to buy a cigar for the event, which I will smoke before bed

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
+1 to Philip
We'll host a relatively small gathering (12-14), but I am thankful that we are able to do it at all. My youngest two have gone down to run in the Turkey Trot. I'll leave in about 45 minutes to go stand on the sidewalk, smoking my pipe, and cheer as they go by. My youngest is going to the Lions game with her hubby and his family, so they won't be here for dinner, but she's been here helping out. I'll smoke 2 or 3 bowls today, and probably have a cigar - I got one left from my daughter's wedding last month.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Well said Philip! Let me add something else. I am thankful for blood donors. Several months ago I was hospitalized for internal bleeding. I needed four transfusions.
Winton

Jul 12, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving to all my brother and sisters and all their

families today....
I'm very thankful for all the great friendships here at PM.com

Status
Not open for further replies.