PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
How did you celebrate?
I am leaving for the beach to have a smoke, and watch the waves.
Happy piping.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
It's been a pretty routine day for me. Just puffing on P.A. and Haunted Bookshop. Neither of them making my toes wiggle though. I think I'll switch to something with more of a Virginia character later.

Funny, you going to the beach; me watching a gentle fall of snow, and awaiting what they say will be a 5" accumulation tonight.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Smoked all day - 4 pipes today.
Broke a pipe stem that was stuck. Tried to twist it out with my back teeth and bit off the bit. Maybe that's why they call it the bit?
Made reservations to go to St. James Parish to the L.A. Poche Perique farm in March, and booked reservations for the Chicago Pipe Show for Bob & I.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Kevin Said:

Broke a pipe stem that was stuck. Tried to twist it out with my back teeth and bit off the bit.
That sucks. Now you will have to send it off to be repaired.

The next time that you have a stuck stem, put the pipe in the freezer for a few hours. The cold will make the wood contract a little bit and most of the time a stuck stem can be removed by doing this.
Yesterday I had a couple of pipes and worked all day.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Bring your slicker and waterproof your shoes with some mink oil La is wet in March .Do not go past St Anns street on Bourbon unless you are light in your loafers .If a kid says he knows where you got your shoes keep walking .Eat at Brennans and Shea Pauls ,The handrolled cigars on Bourbon are good ones .Now where is my pipe .

Status
Not open for further replies.