Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

http://www.who.int/tobacco/wntd/en/

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. lordofthepiperings

lordofthepiperings

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Starting off with some Peterson Nutty Cut this morning. Will be taking a mini cob to work for a few small breaks. Probably have a cigar later on and maybe another full pipe. Stay smokey my friends!

"The thinking man always smokes a Peterson." -Peterson of Dublin
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. jacks6

jacks6

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Celebrated with some Chenet's Cake and coffee

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

On my second cigar of the day while waiting for some Salty Dogs plug to dry a bit.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. jmatt

jmatt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

From the link:

Plain packaging is an important demand reduction measure that reduces the attractiveness of tobacco products, restricts use of tobacco packaging as a form of tobacco advertising and promotion, limits misleading packaging and labelling, and increases the effectiveness of health warnings.

Have they not noticed that most pipe tobacco is sold out of glass jars with maybe a white label with a name written on it? "BCA," "1-Q," etc. In fact, most online pipe tobacco is sold with nothing more than a picture of - you guessed it - tobacco. Just imagine how much more Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake we'd buy if there was a sexy label on a tin.

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smoking some of that right this minute! Somehow, though I like great looking labels, it doesn't affect what I buy, or how it tastes when I light up.....go figure!

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Ah, the Science establishment. Gotta love it !

Scientists funded by Cancer Research UK who spend their lives hunting for cures for the disease are among thousands of academics whose pensions are invested in the tobacco industry, the Guardian can reveal. The latest annual report for the university staff’s pension fund shows it had £211m invested in British American Tobacco in the year to 31 March 2015 – its fifth biggest listed equities holding.
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/29/cancer-scientists-pensions-invested-in-tobacco-bat

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just imagine how much more Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake we'd buy if there was a sexy label on a tin.

Something like this label ?

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. prairiedruid

prairiedruid

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I know when I worked summers as a night janitor(during college) at the Mayo Clinic the head cancer researcher was a chain smoking freak of nature. Several of the other administration doctors were cigar/pipe smokers. Even though Mayo buildings were smoke free somehow on the admin floor that rule wasn't enforced.

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I once asked a co-worker how a back injury that had happened to him affected his love life. His response : "We just do 68." In response to the inevitable question as to what this entailed, he said, "She goes down on me, and I owe her one."

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. chasingembers

Embers

Captain Of The Black Frigate

Login to Send PM

Smoking SG Brown Sugar Flake in a Weaver blasted blowfish and giving August 8th the finger to celebrate this festive occasion.

Damnation seize my soul if I give you quarters, or take any from you.
    -Edward Teach
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

First bowl of the day, 3P's in a Blatter & Blatter bent bulldog

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   acidpox, alaskanpiper, anthonyrosenthal74, greeneyes, jiminks, glassjapan, tbradsim1, spartacus, madox07, mrenglish, cigrmaster, danimalia, condorlover1