PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I would like to wish everyone a Happy Mardi Gras. It's cold as a polar bear's *** this morning so I'm going to start with some Rimboche SJ to warm my hands before I start in on the Mississippi River and ending the evening with some French Quarter, which I don't think I've had since last Mardi Gras.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Having been born in New Orleans and spending 50+ years there, the two things I miss the most are;

1) Attending the Zulu Parade

2) Enjoying a real sloppy roast beef po-boy. :wink:
Anyone remember when the parades use to roll up Royal St in the French Quarter with Flambeaux carriers?
Laissez les bon temps rouler!

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Started the moring off with a nice big bowl of Escudo...around 37 degrees out...really wanting some 965 around noon...and thinking about some Solani VaPer this evening...got all my parades in yesterday...relaxing and enjoying the day off at home...polishing some pipes and working on the Nola Pipe Show in October

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
36 degrees in Cajunland. Too cold for outside. Hanging out by the fireplace, just finished my second cup of RT coffee & chicory and a bowl of Wessex Classic Virginia.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Happy Mardi Gras to you too. I'm in my Shanghai flat listening the incessant fireworks from aorund the town, as it's New Year's Eve here.

Status
Not open for further replies.