PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I wish all of you a Happy Father's Day.

I hope you enjoy the day with your loved ones and that you have a chance to enjoy a bowl or two of your favorite tobacco on this wonderful first day of summer. :)

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
ss-120612-fathers-day-01.ss_full.jpg

Happy Fathers Day!!!

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks all.

I don't know where you folks all live, here in Central Alberta we get a lot of daylight. The sunrise sunset has peaked. Sunrise was at 5:13am local and sunset is at 10:01pm local.

I'm sure others who live in northern Europe have almost 24 hours at this time of year.
Have a great day!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Dad's been gone for nine years this December, but he's still active in my life. Fathers aren't just fathers during their children's childhood. They aren't just fathers during their lives, for that matter. It's a rather permanent position, therefore worth doing right, your own best. Happy Solstice, too.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
What is "Summer Solstice"?
I picture a bunch of middle-aged dopy wiccans running around the woods naked.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
What is "Summer Solstice"?

I picture a bunch of middle-aged dopy wiccans running around the woods naked.
That's the natural human state though, innit? It's all the 'dopy' stuff we do at winter solstice that doesn't make any damn sense.
Ah, well. Happy father's day, and happy solstice.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
All I meant was that summer starts on June 21 and it means it's the longest day of the year. In the northern Hemisphere we are now starting to lose daylight heading eventually toward the winter solstice on December 21st when the sun is angled so in the north we get less light. That's all I was referring to.

I don't have any experience with wood nymphs, dryads, unicorns or dancing woodland creatures. lol

I was just commenting on a weather and the change of season point of view. And baseball season and BBQ's

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Shikano53, you'll have to learn to take a grain of salt with a lot of these guys, by the way nice bike I have a 98 classic tricked out. but back to daddys day just remember to cherish them. not only when they're good but bad also , love them an especially let them know often. beleave me, lost my boy last year. James the 3rd thks guys best wishes

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
@shikano -- Thanks, Happy Father's day to you too. I did not get to relax or smoke yesterday. Sometimes the duties of fatherhood mean even giving up Father's day. I will gladly take that relaxing smoke on Tuesday.
@mso -- I agree. My dad has been gone for 30 years but he is still my pipe smoking inspiration.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I was able to smoke a pipe with my dad a few times while he was still alive.

He enjoyed cigars but did smoke a pipe at one time.
Dad's are forever and I relive the memory every time I light my pipe.
Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there!
You impact your children's lives in more ways than you may know.

Status
Not open for further replies.