PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers & grandfathers out there! I know I sure wish I still had mine here with me. Going to spend some time this morning with my grandson and my dog out in the canoe. I have me a little steak for later! Enjoy your day, guys!
WtUN7MI.jpg

bullethead

Lurker
Jun 20, 2015
I'm a godfather, does that count?
:) a Good day to all dads! It should be fathers day every day.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there. Mines gone too but I've got my daughter coming over, maybe head to the range and punch some paper.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Awesome Fathers Day gift Booker!
I was up early with my Ferndown, MM965 and the paper out on the patio. It's been a bit of a melancholy day. Our next-door neighbor of 18 years, lost her years-long struggle to cancer yesterday afternoon. She was a brilliant lady and will be missed. She exited with little fanfare and great dignity, something to be admired.
Just as I was feeling gloomy, I noticed that the little wren house in a baking stand on our patio was a buzz with activity. The mother/father have been feeding four babies non-stop for the past two weeks and this morning, they all took flight. That renewal of life made us smile this morning. After the last left, the mother immediately began cleaning out the house, one little bit at a time.
17707_10207190618431715_3753925342930594783_n.jpg

A raised pipe this morning to all the current and past Fathers. My 95 year old father will be over later for a dinner with my brother and his family. One of my two daughters will join us. We'll miss the one in New Orleans.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Wait a minute! I'M THE number one dad!! :) Hallmark told me so.
I am blessed that my only child, my son, is hopping on a train to visit with us today. My wife's sons were here last night. Their father died seven years ago, and mine died in 1972.
Happy day to all you dads and the children thereof.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Happy Father's Day. Now I trying to figure out what to smoke! DGT'd some Barbary Coast this morning. Don't want to open a new tin yet. Hmmmmmm. To Hot in GA to smoke an English. Im Thinking either Old Joe Krantz or Old Dark Fired. :puffy:

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Happy Father's Day to all you dad's. Mine is in Kuai with my mom, celebrating their 30th anniversary. My gift to my dad this year, will be to make sure his lawn is mowed no less than two times while he's away.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
This has been around for a few yrs now. It had to be very emotional for the late John Bonham's son on drums, and for Robert Plant also. The video came to mind on this Father's Day. Great performance by Nancy & Ann Wilson.
http://singers.littlethings.com/robert-plant-cries-stairway-to-heaven/?utm_source=wgf&utm_medium=fb_share

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Booker,
What an absolute honor to you Sir, from your son in his note! I would treasure those sentiments in his note long after the pipe is gone.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I'm lucky, my dad is 93 and still with us. I have five children and seven grandkids. Life has been good to me and I thank God every day. Not to many guys will get to take pictures today with four generations in it. Happy Father's Day to all. It's one of the most demanding jobs I ever did but the one that I found to be most rewarding.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Happy Father's Day to all!
Booker, that's a great gift, and bless your son for his love of you...I'm sure with his challenges he couldn't be in a better place to receive the care he needs to grow into a fine man.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Happy Father's Day fellas, hope you're having a good one. :puffy:
Momma and the girls got me a beautiful black leather Columbia 3 pipe case that I will put to good use. We all had a nice big breakfast before the girls scattered for work. Then I spent the day lazing around, smoking by the pond with wifey, had a nice nap on the couch and I will be heading off to work soon. A great day for sure. :puffy:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
After a nice steak dinner, (but nothing like jonnyreb's), I decided to have a little party of my own. Ardbeg scotch, and a little Bothy Flake in the my recent purchase, the "bullmato" pipe. My lovely wife bought me a pipe for fathers day, but it's in the mail yet. Still, a good fathers day... :puffy:

photo-56.jpg

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Happy Father's Day to y'all. This was my third as a father, and the first where one of my children was old enough to say "Happy Fawers Day Dayee, Wub You".
That was all the gift I needed.
But I would take that steak from the OP too!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
But wow! Look what the kid did for his old man 8)

Booker, he really gave the rest of them something to shoot for :lol:
I have a grandson that has some challenges also. It is amazing when you listen to the observations and insights that come out of his mouth. These, and a heart of pure gold, far more than compensate for any skills he does not posses.
Spent the day with my dad. Church, Burgers on the grill, pecan pie my sis dropped off, and pipes on the patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.