PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend everyone !! October 2012

Thank you PipesMagazine for all your amazing work and fabulous members !! :puffy:

happythanksgivingoppSNIP.png

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Back at ya! Still sort of warm here in the Capital, but getting cooler soon...

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian brothers and sisters!
Any special tobaccos you might be smoking for the occasion?

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Thanks juozapas; right back atcha!
Winnipeg got socked with a winter storm yesterday. There's an inch of snow on the ground and a -7(19f) windchill. While the snow will probably be gone in a few days, I likely won't be smoking any pipes this weekend.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Winnipeg got socked with a winter storm yesterday. There's an inch of snow on the ground and a -7(19f) windchill. While the snow will probably be gone in a few days, I likely won't be smoking any pipes this weekend.
Jeepers, I take back what I said about it cooling down here. It's going up to 21c today and a 'cool' 9c on Sunday. Hang in there Man!
On another note, our furnace got 'red tagged' this week so I'm gathering quotes on a replacement. Thank goodness it isn't January.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Think I'll delve into some Sam's Flake over the weekend - an agreeable room-note and hordes of soothing nicotine make it the perfect blend for spending time with the in-laws.
Man, am I happy to be living on the mild south-western coast. We're still in the high-teens to low-twenties through the day, with lows of around seven or eight overnight. For a change, we're not seeing torrential rains yet, either...I think we've had all of four days of the wet stuff since Canada Day. They are saying we can expect to see the first signs of the dreary Vancouver winter next week though...at least my lawn will be happy.

cgrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Well...it's not unheard of to get a snow storm this early, but it's pretty rare. The whacky thing is that it was 30C(86F) on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Then BAM! Snow! But it's not going to stay so it's hard to be anything but bewildered and bemused. The snow shovels don't have to come out yet, and the hot pumpkin pies will taste even better.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Happy thanksgiving to you all!! May it be filled with plenty of turkey!!
Remember to NOT drink and drive! Please drink responsibly!

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Same to you juozapas. I have a friggin' sinus infection so I won't really be able to enjoy turkey or smoking. Sucks, but it is what it is. Happy Thanksgiving anyways.

hunter185

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2012
Calgary weather perfect yesterday, took a couple horses to the mountains...and some Three Blind Moose from 4 Noggins! Today though...rain, windy and high of 9c.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Happy Turkey Day Canada!!!
Going to be in the low teens and cloudy in Red Deer, Alberta this weekend, great fall weather. Have good friends coming over for supper. Buddy is a pipe smoker and he is bringing a little something and I will be trying some McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012 flake and maybe some FMOTT.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I hope everyone had a great long weekend. Often I have the feeling that I could use at least one more day, but this time I made a point to do as little as possible over the weekend and get a ton of sleep. Ready for the grind again tomorrow.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Amen Ghost. I made sure to do absolutely nothing this weekend and just spend time with my family. It was a great weekend, but I'm not sure I'm ready for a dose of reality tomorrow. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.