PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
On this July 4th I just wanted to give a shout out to the good ole USA where the idea that every person has the right to " life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" rings as true today as it did 237 years ago!!!!
I will be smoking a few bowls today in your honor America!!!!!!
:clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Happy July 4 to all! I'm starting with an English blend in an English pipe (965, Britannia) and

will move to Granger or Lanes in a Missouri Meerschaum or Dr. Grabow after noon. I have

a ship's colors flying off the porch, flown off the stern in port or off the main mast under way.

I may go for fireworks later, though I don't like the crowds. I wish they would turn off the recorded

music and just let the percussion of the fireworks themselves be the music. Pyrotechnics is

an art form. Grucci on Long Island are the master craftsmen of the form in the Western

Hemisphere, but there are many fine fireworks technicians who perform throughout the U.S.

When I can have just the pyrotechnics and their sound, I'm transfixed like a kid. It's my favorite

part of July 4. Also, I bought some high fat free range ground beef for burgers. Get the

85-15 or higher, not the lean 90-10, if you can. In burgers, fat is good. Best burgers in the

world at Keith's in Memphis Missouri, home state of the MM's. Anyway, Happy Fourth!

Oh, one more thing. I'm supposed to be fifth generation descendent of Colonel Prescott,

the commander at Bunker Hill (Actually Reed's Hill). The colonialists lost the battle, but took

relatively light losses to the British losing over 1,000. It dawned on them, they were't fighting

rustic rubes. They shipped in reinforcements immediately. Colonel Prescott supposedly said,

"Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes." Also, he had his men dig in really well, and

build a stone embankment on the vulnerable side. (Mom always said of her Grandma Prescott,

"Yes, but she was really a Woodward," as if the Prescott name wasn't quite lofty enough. I just

laugh. Every family is an "old" family, or we wouldn't be here.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I will be smoking a few bowls today in your honor America!!!!!!

Me too.... :puffy:

And, smoking three racks of ribs.

Not too mention hoisting a cold one or two with old friends.
drunk4zc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.