PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Along with many fine gifts including music events on into next April, my birthday brought a box from PC with my requested McClellands Christmas Cheer 2015 for aging to perfection (as long as I can resist...), and something extra too. A tin of Escudo, the ever-popular blend that somehow I have not yet tried, sent right out of the blue! Happy birthday to me!

Jan 8, 2013
Happy Birthday! I just got my first tin of Escudo for my birthday as well, guess we will have to compare notes later!

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Happy Birthday mso. What great gifts! Escudo is well worth trying.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Happy Birthday to you indeed! Have a good one and I hope you enjoy the Escudo. :puffy:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Happy Birthday Tom! Both very good tobaccos, though if you decide to break into the Christmas Cheer, give it some drying time or it may bite back!
Duane

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Best wishes and hope you enjoy your day! Love the Cheers... should be tasty!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
My first coin of Escudo was magical. I had only been smoking a pipe for a couple of months. I'd read on these forums as much as I could about the different tobaccos and the member's experiences and opinions and included a tin of Escudo in one of my early tobacco orders. This and Nightcap were two that, for me, lived up to their hype.
I took out that first coin after wafting the tin note for a long time and folded it and gently poked it into my MM Legend. The one with the chewed up stem that I'd had to heat and open once or twice. The one with bulging cracks that traversed the full diameter of on the outside of my bowl at the stem...and I lit it up, again, gently.

From there the operative word continues to be gentle, but the taste and experience was almost one of euphoria.

I don't recall needing to relight. It burned perfectly releasing its VaPer perfection and revealing to me the possibilities of blend enjoyment.

I approached it with reverence and perhaps that's what allowed me to sip and savor more effectively than I might have previously. It helped me to learn how to smoke a pipe. I'm still learning.

jaydublin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2015
Belated Happy Birthday! I'm nearly through my first tin of Escudo (everything is still a first for me with the exception of Old Dublin, which I now have a full pound of). I'm not sure which I enjoy more, Escudo, Capstan, or SG FVF (just ran out of this!). I hope you enjoy the coins as much a I do. I always fold/roll and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.