PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
In the Copenhagen interpretation of QM it was posited that a travelling particle lacks a definite value until a measurement is made. This led to the uncertainty principle. Einstein argued against this. That Einstein guy was so stupid :)
Edit - moderator Cosmic

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Einstein was very much obsessed with smoking. He actually went on saying “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs”. He was never found turning down a cigar or a cigarette offer but was fonder of pipes. This was gleaned from 50 interesting facts about Einstein, and the FormulaE=MCsquared was thought to have earlier found by another Physiscit but was ultimately given the credit to him, he did not recieve the Nobel prize for that formula, it was for other works. I bought a kindle book about him and glean from it from time to time. His eyeballs are in a box in NYC. :puffy:

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
What I always found most interesting about Einstein was that in school, he was a poor student, bored and listless and his teachers thought he was a no-account dufus that would go nowhere. After later graduating from the Polytechnic, he could not even get a job, no one would hire him. No one would even give his papers the time of day, and unless for one guy who read his paper on Special Relativity and realizing the implications of it and bringing it to other's attentions, he might have remained a clerk all of his life and we still might be living 50-80 years back in time, technology wise, or Nazi Germany might have even conquered the world.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
In mine, my theories and laws are accepted by all who live here... well actually I do have a clownfish that refuses to fall in line, but the cats are always amazed by my brilliance... or constepated as the feline facial expressions are similar. Actually upon further thought, my "genius" isn't respected here either :(

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Great post. Happy B-day AL.
How inconvenient he was born a day where my brain is not firing on all cylinders. The ancient Egyptians believed matter maintained a wave form until observed whereupon it became a particle. The Dogon tribe of Africa have counted 266 sub-atomic particles. Modern Western science counts well over 200, but I haven't been able to find an exact number. It is my belief the Dogon were of the priestly class of ancient Egyptians and maintain what is left of their sacred knowledge. The most precise and largest of the Egyptian monuments were strangely at the beginning (6,000 years ago) of the established (western made) dynasties, with no precedents, and quickly devolved from there.
I read Einstein would pick up cigarette butts off the street and smoke them in his pipe. :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
main-qimg-264e9768635b7eb5078a4d7e80dd7ed2-c

Status
Not open for further replies.