PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Some of those are beautiful. Would love to get one but fear by the time funds are right the availability will have closed.

allenz

Lurker
Feb 14, 2013
I've always wanted one of them and that is a great price. Unfortunately, P&C doesn't ship internationally anymore.

jthomas04

Might Stick Around
Oct 15, 2013
Yea what's the deal with like 90% of their pipes having no specs. That's my only gripe with P&C. They should take a page out of smokingpipes book, they do an awesome job of listing specs and even saying a little something about the pipe, (whether it's useful is up for debate). It's tough going just off a picture. They are good looking pipes though.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
Also, I really don't like Stanwell throwing around the Flawless grade on some of those, that don't look to have superior grain.
My understanding of their flawless grade is that it has more to do with briar "quality" rather than specifically grain. In other words, there is obviously no filler/putty but supposedly there aren't even sand pits with the flawless line...at least that's how it used to be. I can't really verify this then or now as I've never actually seen or handled a "flawless" Stanwell, much less multiples. I'm only contributing based on what I've read/heard elsewhere.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
The issue with measurements and specs on our pipes is being addressed. We are making a major revision to our website which will add a lot of functionality, and as we move forward, we'll put weight and measurements on the pages. It will take a little time, but you asked for it and we'll deliver.

As to the bands, they appear to be aluminum, as previously stated. We still have a fair number left, but some models have dwindled to a handful.
Russ

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have one that I purchased at my local B&M back in July and I love the stem. I happened to get the dual stem pipe and it performs well in both churchwarden mode or regular mode. Great smoking pipe with a really nice blast on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.