PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I just found out that my great grandfather was a pipe smoker so of coarse I had to ask... Turns out that after all of these years they are still alive! I'll put up a picture in a few minutes.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Nice man, I asked my grandparents if there were any pipe smokers in the past...
They are either liers or no one left any pipes behind. /sigh

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
IMG_4904.jpg

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Pipe smoking goes back to the cival war in my family. Its like 5 generations of smokers, but alas the only hand me downs I got were from my dad and grandpa.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I had a clay nose warmer from when my great great grandfather came to America from Ireland. But alas it was taken with the rest.

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
I'm excited to see what kind of shape they are in. They don't look too bad though :puffy:

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
I'm not sure. I thought I was the first generation of pipe smokers until just tonight.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I discovered that my grandfather was a pipe smoker when he was a young man. My uncle had all his pipes at one time, but they are gone now. I was just happy to learn that about my grandfather.

scottyb

Might Stick Around
Feb 6, 2012
My father tried his hand at pipe smoking in the early 80s. Didn't last long for whatever reason. Few years lateri came home from college and noticed them still sitting on his dresser. So like the good son I swiped them and bought a pouch of BR for when I went back to school. Hand no idea what I was doing, no Internet and no one to show me how. They ended up in a shoe box for a few years then just disappeared. All I can remember now that they were both Dr Gs. One was white. Wish I still had them.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Told my son box my pipes mom will give you a check for what they are worth your son may want them in the future, he's 13,you never know.my grandfather played the accordin, as I but his went I don"t know where would have loved to have his things,i. Got his 40 acres I guess I should be satisfied The old cajun Tbradsim

Status
Not open for further replies.