PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I've smoked quite few H&H/Russ' blends. My favorite to date has been Anniversary Kake. It is just down right tastey and I find myself getting into my tin constantly. I've also really enjoyed Russ' Holiday Blend '14 it is a very nice Balkan with all the things that I love about Balkan blends. What is your favorite H&H blend?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I haven't had that many, but Fusilier's Ration is really good and unique. The topping, whatever it is, is out of this world - it's supposed to mimic the old Bengal Slices. I don't smoke much Latakia, but I really like Fusilier's Ration.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
At this point Anni Kake. Thought it was better than the 2009 Christmas Cheer from McClelland I had opened. Sweeter that is

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
For me so far it's the Marquee Viprati, however, that said I have 8oz of each Signature Caramel Apple Pie and Signature Berry Nice on the way along with a couple more tins of Marquee Viprati which should be here tomorrow. Will update if any of the other blends are better than Marquee Viprati. That will be my own opinion based upon my tastes only.
Lately though, H&H and SPS Aro's have become favourites along with some of Russ' blends like Trout Stream (although this is technically not his own blend).

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Mr. Ouelette's Lats are just superb. I'm a huge fan of Larry's Blend, Black House and Magnum Opus but the one I'm reaching for most often these days is 10 to Midnight.
Fnord

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
WhiteKnight is also my favorite with Larry's Blend in second place right now. I bought a tin of Black House but I couldn't get the damn thing open. So I threw it in the cellar for aging.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I think Russ's blends are first class all the way. I really don't think I could personally choose a favorite as I enjoy so many of them. I sure do reach for Steamroller often though.
My wife, on the other hand, does have a favorite. She likes Russ's aromatic creation Egg Nog. He gave her a free sample a couple of years ago at the Las Vegas Pipe Show and she's been in love with it ever since.
Pipestud

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Larry's Blend (enjoyed a bowl last night), Black House, & 10 to Midnight are all winners in my book. Waiting to give White Knight a try.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
What is the reason for using squat 'coffee cans' for some H&H blends, and tins for others?

I've only tried 2. They are really fantastic smokes. Of 10 to Midnight, and WhiteKnight, I think I lean toward the latter, which comes tinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.