PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I picked up an ounce of this from P&C to try and smoked my first bowl this evening in my Savinelli 413 KS half bent Dublin. This pipe has a nice, large chamber and a balsa filter. It is easy to see why BlackHouse is an award winning blend. The tobacco to me has a great moisture level, which is to say only slightly dry. I didn't need to dry it at all. It took a light easily and smoked wonderfully. Very nice. I'm no tobacco reviewer but just wanted to offer my compliments and recommendation for this blend. The flavor and aroma were smooth and very pleasant, and it went great with the dark lager I was drinking. It had absolutely zero bite. Highly recommended.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A very nice blend. Since you like BH I would also recommend Magnum Opus. Russ developed MO for his personal blend. Think filet mignon in a pipe. simply wonderful. Enjoy and Happy Smoke Rings.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
I have been smoking a bit of Black House as well, and I have got to agree that it is a mighty fine blend.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It's awful stuff. Not worth buying. Stay farrrrrrr away from it. At least until I get my share!!! :crazy: :rofl:
Seriously, I think it's the best English blend Russ has made. Or, at least the one I like the best.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
It is pretty tasty. I bought a 2 oz. tin of it about a month or two ago and would recommend it. The problem is, i've been experimenting and trying more english blends lately as well as my other blends already in rotation, so i have kind of neglected the BH. This thread has reminded me to smoke a bowl of it tonight in my recently acquired David Jones Poker that i have decided to dedicate to englishes.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Prepare yourself for an olfactory blast when you crack that tin Peck. It's quite pungent. Black Panther would also have been an acceptable name for it. :puffy:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I've been meaning to try this blend since it did so well in that contest. Pushed over the edge, now!

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
For those who like to age their tins, later this year, BlackHouse will come in the European-type vacuum-sealed tins.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.