PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Sounds like Russ has come up with his own version of Old Dark Fired called Freight Train. Currently its only available in a gift set though at P&C. I could do without the cheap pipe and the tobacco jar so hopefully they'll release this as regular offering as I would really like to try it!

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I read the description of the blend, and it sounds like something I'd like. H&H Berry Nice is the only H&H blend I wasn't thrilled with, then again, I'm not a huge aro fan.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I wasn't really trying to target Old Dark Fired. I was asked to make a blend that would go with the locomotive tobacco jar and the name "Freight Train" came to mind. The blend is a pretty strong one to match the name. It may become available outside the set if the feedback is good.
Russ

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Here's what the website says about it:
Freight Train is a blend of Red Virginia, dark Burley, dark-fired Kentucky, a bit of unflavored black Cavendish and Perique. The result is a nutty and earthy blend with a slightly spicy backbone that burns cool and produces thick clouds of smoke. It has a very stout body and isn't for the timid, but it's a satisfying blend meant to kick up your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.