PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Ok folks. I'm looking to trying some new tobacco's. I'm curious about both Hearth and Homes's Classic Burley Kake as well as Frog Morton's Cellar. They both sound fantastic to me and eventually I will buy both however I would like to get some opinions if you could only buy one which would you get and why? (My wife has my TAD on lock down for the holiday's)
Thanks

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Classic Burley Kake is very different than Frog Morton's Cellar. Classic Burley Kake is all Burley with just a small amount of red Virginia. It's pressed with cocoa, rum and a touch of anise. It's a cool, mellow smoke that allows the flavors to come through. Frog Morton's Cellar is a Latakia blend with a piece of wood from a whiskey barrel to infuse some of the liquor note into the tobacco.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Maybe I'll try the Kake first. I was turned onto it by reading that interview with Russ. I've only tried a latakia english like blend once and wasn't crazy about it. The description of the cellar made me curious about trying it. I think that my have to wait.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Russ is very right, they are completely different. I like both; on my list of top 5 tobaccos Frog's Cellar is no. 1 and CBK is no. 2. If there's any way you can do it, I would get a tin of Frog's Cellar and 2oz. of CBK. They are both worth a try.

Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.