PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Prompted by jarring up 2 more pounds of this Kake a few minutes ago, I am wondering what others think of this great Burley? I’m a real fan, in case that was unclear. It has a certain floral/powdery note that I really crave.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
If you're a burley fan, the stuff is incredible. I've never detected anything I would describe as "floral" in it, but it's delicious stuff. I love the velvety texture when you're crumbling one of the larger chunks.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have an unopened 8oz tin from I think from 7 years ago?? Gonna have to pop that sucker one of these days..

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I like it a lot. Plays to my sweet tooth, but it's not at all cloying. Nice and powdery and dry.
Edit, add: I usually mix it with Pegasus or Uhle's 00.

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Aside from the room note, which is fabulous it does not have the kick one expects from a Burley .

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Aside from the room note, which is fabulous it does not have the kick one expects from a Burley .

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
In my experience most Burley blends don’t have a “kick” unless they are made by C&D. Most people equate Burley with a nic kick but I find the opposite to be true, most of the stout blends in my rotation are VA based.
This blend does sound good, I might order some one of these days but I’m putting a hold on buying more tobaccos for awhile.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I wasn't a fan at first. On a revisit I wondered why the heck not!? It's good stuff, not quite as strong as I'd anticipated, but I like the mild sweetness. I think I was just in a mood for a powerhouse that first day - which this isn't. But I love it, it's a great burley blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.