PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ember

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Make it short and and to the point here. For u guys out there looking for sweet a taste in your smoke try this now . Not over sweet just right I think and I find it consistent through the entire smoke and no funny after taste . Its a Fine Smoke indeed

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Love the stuff. Kind of strikes me as a bit higher-shelf version of Prince Albert, which in itself is a damn good smoke.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For some reason, spelling it "kake" makes me think uncomfortably of raves. Must be a child of the 90s thing.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
Oh yes, I do like that stuff! My first-ever pipe experience was from a fine mix of burleys from a local B&M, so I became aware early on that not all burley is the cheap shit which is thrown into top-dressed aeros. As for aeros, which CBK is listed as, they too can be surprisingly tasty to those like me, who have dumped their bad ones in disgust. I've tried a couple of other aeros by H&H which are also OK, but I have really enjoyed the Macbaren 7 Seas line as a dessert treat.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
Oh yes, I do like that stuff! My first-ever pipe experience was from a fine mix of burleys from a local B&M, so I became aware early on that not all burley is the cheap shit which is thrown into top-dressed aeros. As for aeros, which CBK is listed as, they too can be surprisingly tasty to those like me, who have dumped their bad ones in disgust. I've tried a couple of other aeros by H&H which are also OK, but I have really enjoyed the Macbaren 7 Seas line as a dessert treat.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
H&H Classic Burley Kake is one of my back up bulk blends I have cellared. For me, it needs to be dried out for a while before being smoked. Even after a good dry time, I need to smoke it very slowly, or it can burn hot.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I'm still working on a tin I bought last week and haven't decided yet whether I like it enough to reorder. If I had to make my decision today I'd have to say it's not one I'd buy again. It's not bad, just not enough there to hold my interest. I feel the same about the discontinued Anglers Dream and am still smoking my tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.