PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
See some excellent recommendations for some H&H English blends. Was wondering what suggestions would be for a Balkan and/or an oriental? Saw Knights of Malta on a tobacco review site, but do not find it in the H&H inventory. Thanks!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Mr. Parker:
Roth make a great suggestion with Ten to Midnight. It's lighter than Larry's Blend - my favorite Latakia bomb from H&H - and being a krumble kake, it can be a bit fussy getting it rubbed out properly. But, man, what a great smoke!
You might also throttle down a notch and try Ambassador's Blend. Blender Russ Oulette mentioned it recently and I laid in a pound which showed up yesterday. Tasty. Very tasty.
I did some research and Knights of Malta seems to have disappeared.
Fnord

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
K/M is/was a Fusion Lab Blend - this was an interesting project when P&C was in NY, which invited customers to design blends. Maybe with the move down to PA, this project got lost in the transition? Or were only the top winners like Caramel Rush committed to continuing production?
Re the OP, Sunjammer might be the light Latakia, Oriental forward blend. RussO has a wealth of bodacious Lat blends: Larry's Blend, 10 to Midnight, Magnum Opus, Ambassador, Namaste, Victorian Stroll and Black House are permananent residents of the Top200 Cellar.
hp

les

salewis

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2011
For latakia blend I suggest McClelland's Blue Mountain. For an oriental forward blend I'd try either Gawiith's Squadron Leader or Dunhill's London Mixture.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Black House is a very good Balkan blend from H&H. I also like Dunhill's London Mixture, it's more oriental forward and sweeter IMHO than BH.

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
For oriental forward blends by H&H I highly recommend Mt. Marcy and Sunjammer. Both are excellent blends in the balkan style. I have smoked them both and think they are very good representations of the balkan style.

Status
Not open for further replies.