PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Can someone tag Russ (does that work here) or PM him? What happened to Ambassador’s Blend? I really liked that stuff. Close to London Mixture. Warm and savory without being bitter and leathery. It appears to be gone. I’d really like to know what’s going on. Gone for good like Rolando’s Own? It’d be nice if when they discontinue a blend, they let us know and maybe even why. To me, that was one of their best bulks.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
A number of our blends were discontinued because items that are custom-made for us by larger manufacturers require a certain minimum order, usually around 30 lbs. When a 30 lb. order takes 6 months or more to sell through, we have to worry about the condition of bulk tobacco after 6 months on the shelf. That caused us to discontinue a number of blends. We've recently had the discussion to bring some of them back for a limited time, but no decisions have been made as to what, when, or how much.
Russ

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Thanks Russ. That makes sense, and I understand the business decision. It’s sad that this great blend is getting lost in the mayhem of panic buying and hoarding of very limited production blends. Magnum Opus is possibly my favorite blend overall, but this Ambassador’s Blend was great any time of day. It was sort of like a cross between EMP and London Mix to my tastes, so I could smoke it first thing or as a nightcap. I bought it specifically because of the Dunhill reference, but sometimes I wonder if that can hurt a blend by being considered a “match” blend. Who knows. It’d be interesting to see if it sells faster once the Dunhill blends have been off the market a couple years, or offer it in those 8oz tins like C&D uses. I bought several 8oz tins when you all did that format, but I’m not really a fan of the foil lined cardboard. Thanks again for replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.