PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I bought a pouch of this back in January and had a single bowl and really didn't care for it. Just lit up a bowl on a bit of a lark and it surprised me. Not too bad, obviously simple in composition but hey, nice easy taste. Its no Escudo or Black Shag but its really pleasant while listening to the ball game.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have not had it in years. When I first smoked it, it had deer tongue in it and that appealed to me. I understand that they have droped deer tongue from the blend. I have since moved to C&D's Gentleman Caller which does contain deer tongue and reminds me of the old H&H.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Ok, I've heard derr tongue mentioned a few times here. I'll ask the obviously stupid question....what the hell is deer tongue? Aside from a large herbivore thats missing a body part.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I had a pouch of H&H about a year ago, and enjoyed it. I think I like Prince Albert and Granger a little better, for

an OTC tobacco. I haven't tried it, but Forums members seem to really like CH, use it to blend, etc. Some of

these ordinary tobaccos have a nice burn and a steady mild flavor.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I enjoy CH quite a bit, like I said it was a lark to try it but I was Pleasantly surprised. I think its the bright virginias that give it a distinct flavour.
Thanks for the update Roth, was really hoping it wasnt some animal parts, lol.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
You know, I just bashed Half and Half last week when I finally tried my pouch of it I bought a while ago. I thought I'd try a cheap tobacco, so I bought a pack of that and SWR. I hated it the first bowl, in fact I didn't even finish it. I tried it again yesterday and my opinion of it improved, still at this point nothing I'd write home about or buy again, but i'm two bowls in (and I won't be smoking it too often) but the fact that I liked it a lot more the second bowl, it may become something I don't mind, we'll see. I don't think I'm a big burley fan.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I smoke it every day. It needs to be packed a little bit more loosely than normal and some pipes I have seem to work better with it than others.
If you want a quick cake in your bowl Half&Half is the way to go.
It is also a good base for making your own mixes. Sometimes I add some Irish Flake to it.
Since I am now into hydroponic gardening I wonder if there is any way to obtain some deer tongue seeds for experimenting purposes...

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Pick some up and dry it and try a mix. You never know until you try it. I read somewhere that it is highly poisonous so don't use it in a salad. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.