PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
After work today I drove just out of the city and trudged through knee deep snow to get to a pile of old spruce boards I am making a table and benches from. I got a message from my wife to pick up chocolate on the way home (that's a common message). I pulled into a drugstore to get choc as well as a drink to go with the bowl of half and half I was enjoying in a clay on the drive home. I was scanning all the drink options and I saw a can of half and half...Half ice tea and half lemonade, not a drink I was familiar with but I got a kick out of the pairing. They went together just fine...I swear I had a point when I started typing this story, sorry guys, just too tired to think straight, make up your own alternate ending or 'moral of the story' if this leaves you unsatisfied.

goodnight!

Isaac

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Chasingembers, the math would get too complicated if I were to add creamer, its brain curdling as it is!

I saw Mr Palmer on the can! (stole that joke from Prince Albert)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
An Arnold Palmer is not a Half and Half. More tea and a bit less lemonade that that. At least that is what he stated in his last book. Half and Half is a somewhat different animal as a taste test will quickly show. He devoted most of a chapter to the development to the commercial version.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I don't like the bright as much as the burley so usually just smoke the second half of the bowl, I also tipped out the first half of my drink so as to get only lemonade, should have tipped out two thirds to get that real pure lemonade taste I guess.

downinit

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2016
Think I would prefer a black and tan, half stout ale and half pale ale.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Downinit, if you traded out the pale ale for a red ale you could perfectly pair that with the 'red and black' virginia blend from McClellands...

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
When I was a kid in upstate New York, a lot of diners in our area called a ham and swiss on rye a half and half.
Russ

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Think I would prefer a black and tan, half stout ale and half pale ale.

When I saw the thread title, I was expecting something more along these lines ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.