PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Hey just got a pouch of each of these I really like half and half.. The room note is great and taste is great.. Prince Albert is not so good for me. It seems a touch bland and dull loads is smoke though.. Any tips advice on these ? Story's ? LoL

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
I'm with venturer- I can't love 'Arfn'Arf, and PA is what I reach for first.
But heed the excellent advice of the nsfisher and mix up your PA with... hell, anything. No better mixer out there, for my money.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the OTC theme, I have a gift pouch of Borkum Riff that is not so good on its own, but mixed

with some Lanes Burley Without Bite, and some Altadis Wild Cherry, is quite a nice blend. This

should not be true, somewhat duplicates what BR is supposed to be anyway, but is a better experience.

I like both H&H and PA, but not as a regular "thing," though I do have a can of H&H that I will

eventually use, still sealed. Most OTC's are improved and enlivened with other tobacco. I do like

Granger on its own, a tasty old burley. It improves with a little aging even after the tin is open, for me.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
I haven't tried Half and Half. I have tried PA and CH and I find PA to be a better smoke.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
Half and half is okay, but I prefer Prince Albert, SWR, or Carter Hall over it. Something about the casing that smells terrible to me, even if I don't really taste it as much in the smoke.

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I've not tried Half and Half, but a friend of mine gave me a pound of Prince Albert that his father couldn't smoke anymore due to health reasons. I really enjoy the PA when I'm in the right mood, and it always a great blender.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Got some Smokers Pride vanilla that I may experiment with mixing.. I find my self wanting a "every day" blend that I enjoy and can pop in my cob for a smoke and then have some "premo" blends for fun and such.. I find that I'm having 2 to 3 bowls a day compared to 2mo ago when I was having 1 bowl every 2days.. I like a blend called Distinguished Gentleman.. Love it and another that has caught my fancy Brigadier Black Alamo it's really good I think any how.. Any one tried Black and Mild in their pipe ? I've just had the cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.