PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
20190428_214315.jpg

Luckily it doesn't look more than superficial and hopefully won't affect the smoke, but I'm a little curious if there's a way to make that go away or ignore it. I'll admit I was probably smoking the poor thing too hot, but didn't notice till it was too late as I try not to touch the bowl l, lest I mess up the beeswax and coloring. You gents have any advice or is the poor thing eventually doomed?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Really? No 'it is a doomed pipe and you should send it to me for disposal' replies? Honestly I think this place is slipping!
It is a doomed pipe, and should be sent to me for disposal. :)
Seriously it looks fine and superficial to me, I wouldn't worry about it.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
Looks surface level to me.
Also, I don't believe in worrying about the beeswax and coloring with the hands. That was just to sell gloves :nana: The pipe exists to serve you, not the other way around. After all, why baby a pipe on the superficial when it's already got an imperfection like that surface crack in it anyway?
Either the coloring is not effected by the hands, or the hand of the user is part of the identity of its coloring, no? If you're so superstitious, then it's part of your imprint on owning the pipe.
Just my thoughts on the detail, but do what makes you most satisfied. Plenty of miles left on that meer :)

yuda

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2017
Thanks for the advice guys. Sure keeps me from falling to pieces about something so superficial. And as always, the humor here cracks me up.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I try not to touch the bowl l, lest I mess up the beeswax and coloring.
Don't worry about that crap! Grab it/hold it BUT.....Don't drop it... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.